Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet on classifieds legit?

Article about: SS Battlefield Relic helmet from Karelia 100% Genuine - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics really like SS helmets and always wanted one, cant afford a complete one only relic bu

Default SS helmet on classifieds legit?

SS Battlefield Relic helmet from Karelia 100% Genuine - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

really like SS helmets and always wanted one, cant afford a complete one only relic but again I need help verifying that it is actually 100% real? sorry for asking about lots of helmets in such short space of time

much appreciated any help..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet on classifieds legit?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS helmet on classifieds legit?

This is a very nice relic helmet. Not to expencive, and most important the decal is there.

I cannot say if it is genuine, but i like it.

Looks like a Quist shell, and it looks OK for a Quist decal. Signs are good but wait and see what the other guys say.

If it's from one of the resident Karelia dggers on here, as seems to be implied in the ad, I'd be pretty much confident in saying that it's authentic/the real deal.... I've got a relic SS from one of those guys myself. You'd want to wait for some more actual expert advice though, I'm but a novice at this (if that....).

?

When they are in this condition its impossible to verify by photos (and these photos aren't very good). That said I see no signs of tampering and what I do see looks more real than not, so I think your better off establishing provenance via the dig. Everything being equal your probably ok with this one.

I think that this is one of those cases where you just have to know your seller and their reputation. This helmet came from a very reputable digger working in Northern Karelia and I personally would not hesitate to own it if relic condition pieces would fit my collections.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

another question regarding classifieds purchases, is there any way I can foolproof myself from scammers? ie, say I pay £1000 for a good helmet and seller takes the cash and does a runner not sending the item?

I always use PayPal as it is safe and I have never had any problems with it.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

For our classifieds use the common sense you would with any purchase , if a member is well known with many posts and history then they are more than likely very trustworthy , if it is someone with very few posts and no reputation here then proceeed with the normal caution and watch out for unsolicited contact .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hi brat,

I would recommend a hands on inspection on this one. I don't see any red flags, but again, its best to get a hands on inspection by someone with an experienced eye.

Samir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast