Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss helmet east division

Article about: By East Divison i take it you mean the left side decal whcih is the Estonian National colours , unfortunately as has already been stated this is not original but i've never seen a fake with

?

Default Re: ss helmet east division

By East Divison i take it you mean the left side decal whcih is the Estonian National colours , unfortunately as has already been stated this is not original but i've never seen a fake with Eesti colours on it so something new !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss helmet east division
    P
    Many

Garbage i'm afraid, took less than a second to see. Stay well clear!! Leon,

?

Quote by fortresseurope View Post
    the guy who sold it to me say's it is a reenactment helmet .
    its costs me 50 € .but you never know, i m not a expert and the seller eather.
    but thankz all .
    ger
    No, we do know, this is not a real SS helmet and you have been told its a reenactor helmet. Sorry but your looking for a diamond in the rough. So lets review once again, bad decal, postwar Estonian shield, bad camo, bad liner, bad drawstring, probably postwar enhanced personalization. Also zero provenance.

?

Hi, if you are going to collect German helmets of any description,you MUST know what you are looking at,at least have the basics to work with,it is all a matter of learning,handling and researching original examples,there are enough originals of all branches displayed on this forum,with only a few pieces of knowledge you would have been able to come to a relatively informed opinion on this helmet before buying .,SS helmets very rarely just drop into your lap for cheap silly money if at all,in fact that usually applies to all helmets,unless its a vet bring back by a relative .Arm yourself with knowledge it will benefit you in the long run

still makes a nice display piece to go on your shelf and didnt cost much

thanks for all the comment.
    not everybody has the knowledge that you guys have.
    thats why i ask on a forum, even pictures cant say the truth as i see on the forum .
    i was only ask an opinion not a preach..
    thanks.
    ger

Sorry to see you feel this way, Ger. You asked for opinions and they were given to you with what was hoped to be helpful advise as well. The fact that you perceived this as a "preach"...? Glad to see the expert and free replies given were so gratefully accepted...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I also saw this helmet for sale on marktplaats.nl, thought it was a bizarre looking helmet.
    When I read the sellers description I got the impression he knew it was a fake.

I guess sometimes people buy what looks like a fake, is described as a fake, yet still hope to be original at a bargain price?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2