Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?

Article about: Hi Guys, Firstly I would like to thanks DougB for the great advice in his sticky thread. It's solid advice and I've tried to apply it with this helmet. I have asked lots of questions and res

?

Default SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?

Hi Guys,

Firstly I would like to thanks DougB for the great advice in his sticky thread.
    It's solid advice and I've tried to apply it with this helmet.
    I have asked lots of questions and researched it's lot number and looks like it lines up with SS production.
    The seller has been really helpful with their information and details.
    I just don't know enough by looking at it, and I can't handle it either.

Would appreciate an experts opinion on this one.

Cheers,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?   SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?  

SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?   SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?  

SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?   SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?  

SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet - EF M42 diamond in the rough or a repo?
    P
    Many

It is a good EF decal. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

I will defer to Jim on the decal which is what matters here but the rest of the helmet looks fine as well. Photos give the helmet a "brown" look but I'm guess it's just the lighting
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, it is a good EF M42, a nice looking example, is it a size 66? Leon.

Looks good, and been looked after by the previous owner as well.

Decal does not look like an EF to me. Something looks off. Runes look "short" in height, too sharply angled & more of a Quist or Pocher design. Also, I don't like the "break" of the shield. Looks angled when it should be more curved.

Have sent the decal pic to two of my helmet cronies to get their opinion. I may be wrong... but again I do not like it
    D.

I compared this decal to my own EF and also several online. Initially I noticed the excessively sharp tips to the runes and that the breaks did not seem to be curved quite as much as they should be (especially on the right side). However, sometimes marks on a decal can obscure things, maybe this is what is happening here. Just my opinion and other people have indicated that the decal is good - I suppose you need to be 100% sure as these helmets are not cheap.
    Nick

Like David, I also have an issue with the border. Doesn't look quite EF to me. Could be an unfortunate misprint but I would leave it.

Well....received a "no good EF" from my "go to guy". Waiting on another opinion
    D.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Like David, I also have an issue with the border. Doesn't look quite EF to me. Could be an unfortunate misprint but I would leave it.
    Frank...first thing I noticed were how short & stubby the runes were. EF runes are more elongated & thinner. Almost like they are being stretched. I don't see that here. These are short & stubby, again similar to a Quist. Then I noticed the angled break on the right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast