Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

SS helmet - fake or real

Article about: by ixus Thanks. You changed my mind, I'll just not post until I will learn more about how original helmets look like. Good to hear. As I said please start by reading the pinned thread on how

?

Default Re: SS helmet - fake or real

Quote by ixus View Post
    Thanks.
    You changed my mind, I'll just not post until I will learn more about how original helmets look like.
    Good to hear. As I said please start by reading the pinned thread on how to find an SS helmet. The time you spent on this most awful of fakes is time you'll never get back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet - fake or real
    P
    Many

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Sounds good. A great place to start is books. "Germany's Combat Helmets-1933-1945 A Modern Study" by Ken Niewiarowicz is a good book. Almost every collector has a copy in their personal library and its a fun read!

Attachment 445950
    Worth every penny. I have worn out my copy, the spine is coming off because I take it every were I go, literally, everywhere. I shove it in my cargo pants pockets when I go to collecting shows. I take it to work. It sits on my bedside able. Get yourself a copy, it's a must have!

Indeed it is a great book, join the gold club and you have a chance to win one for free in the coming months! Just go to "Join WRF Club" at the top of the page.

?

Quote by ixus View Post
    Thanks.
    You changed my mind, I'll just not post until I will learn more about how original helmets look like.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding ixus - my humor is sad sometimes . No hurt was intended

It´s a repro sure...

Don't let anyone discourage you Ixus! Many times i (and many other guys i suppose) have heard that my hobby is crap and i spend money in useless things when i could buy other stuff.

Some times hearing this by so many people just make me feel sad but then i realize that hey, this is what makes me happy and i keep searching for new items to buy and new places to go relic hunting!

You will find many obstacles but this hobby is an amazing adventurous trip.
    Don't hesitate to post here and ask questions about anything. It is always nice to see our hobby expand and new persons show interest in our field!

The guys meant to do no harm, i'm sure!

Take care and good hunting!

To be fair I think ixus won that round by putting most people on a guilt trip lol. Don't hesitate to post something mate, if u are unsure just ask, you might get abit of friendly p1sstaking but they are just playing. Remember these guys will save you money and heart ache and are always willing to point you in the right direction.

New here, know a little about SS/Third Reich items but this one made me chuckle, sorry Ixus.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Worth every penny. I have worn out my copy, the spine is coming off because I take it every were I go, literally, everywhere. I shove it in my cargo pants pockets when I go to collecting shows. I take it to work. It sits on my bedside able. Get yourself a copy, it's a must have!
    Sounds just like me with my copy of "Fifty Shades of Grey"......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5