Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet---is it good?

Article about: I agree that this decal looks fake and also appears to be attached over rust. Again, without the clear close up it is hard to judge. With a repro chinstrap and the lady stating a price and t

Default SS helmet---is it good?

I have the chance to buy this SS helmet, but I want to get some professional opinions first. The lady also has a black police helmet (which I've also posted). Also, any opinions on value or retail cost? I have no idea, but I don't want to pay too much! thanks!

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet---is it good?   SS helmet---is it good?  

SS helmet---is it good?   SS helmet---is it good?  

SS helmet---is it good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet---is it good?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS helmet---is it good?

hi-i am no expert in these matters but your helmet APPEARS to be a genuine german ss helmet in good condition from world war 2 and would therefore be worth maybe $500 us dollars or more.i am sure other forum members will be able to answer your query better than i.

You say a lady ,could this possibly be a relative of a vet from ww2/?read my thread on treating every potential purchase as a fake untill proved genuine by carefull study.the shell looks very clean ,but i know most ss men kept their helmet covers on most of the time ,i hope its genuine for you,las vegas.

.The chinstrap on this helmet is a fake. This would put me off the whole thing straight away! Crisp close ups of the decal and paint wear ( if there is any?!) would be helpful to make a diagnosis on the rest of the helmet, but I don't think this one has much going for it at all.And on closer inspection I would say fake decal too!
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 08-27-2010 at 10:02 AM.

?

Better photos are needed as these show nothing of any wear on the Helmet or close up of the decal which looks to me like a round bottom ?? or is that just my eyes !!

Can you also post the Lot number and maker details,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

She said it has been in her family since 1944. I will ask her for any numbers stamped into the helmet and if I can get close ups of any wear spots and maybe a closer pic of the liner. She said she took it to some 'dealers' and they told her it was worth 3-5 THOUSAND! I will NEVER pay near that amount! thanks

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Better photos are needed as these show nothing of any wear on the Helmet or close up of the decal which looks to me like a round bottom ?? or is that just my eyes !!

Can you also post the Lot number and maker details,

regards

Paul
    Its not your eyes Paul. The decal is a fake as far as I can tell from these photo's. The wear on the decal is inconsistent with the wear on the paint work. And as I have said the chinstrap is 100% fake. Excalibir, as the old mantra goes...'buy the item, not the story'! Makers mark, size and lot numbers would be helpful and better photo's of the liner to distinguish if that is original.

Doesn't look like a good one to me.

I'm not near as good as most on this site but the first thing I thought when I saw the decal was round bottom fake. Tread lightly on this one. John

Not all round bottom decals are fake. But sadly this one is a fake I believe. It would not be one I would feel comfortable with

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast