Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?

Article about: I have authenticated the helmet, my only concern is the decal. The liner is a replacement and the removable chicken wire does not belong to this helmet. photo's include manufacturers identif

Question SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?

I have authenticated the helmet, my only concern is the decal. The liner is a replacement and the removable chicken wire does not belong to this helmet. photo's include manufacturers identification number, full helmet with wire and decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?   SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?  

SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Helmet-The Helmet is real but is the SS decal real?

There are some guys on here that know I lot about these decals who'll be able to indentify this decal as fake or genuine, I'm not one of them however they'll probably be looking for a straight on close up picture of the decal.

Thanks

Danny

Doug B is your man for this one.I'm still a newbie but I'm not sure about that decal though,looks a bit round on the bottom if you know what I mean, this is a Quist shell right? What do you mean by 'replacement' in regard to the liner? If its a repro liner in a real SS shell something seriously wrong has occurred. And I think the chicken wire should be given a miss if this one is the real deal.

but dont you get wartime decals that has the rounded bottom? i thought you did?

?

From the photos provided it looks like your barking up the wrong tree with this one, the decal exhibits all the traits of a fake Q, would love to see clear head on shots of the decal closer up to confirm 100%. Right now I am 99.9999% only (meaning I am pretty sure they are fake).

That being said, even if original, by someone adding removable wire to it takes thsi helmet out from all pretences as being an original right there in my books.

You dont add plastic hubcaps to a Rolls Royce.

Quote by DougB View Post

You dont add plastic hubcaps to a Rolls Royce.
    nice one doug

I'm a newbie so this was my first time uploading pictures as well as posting to the forum. I'll try and take a close up of the decal of post it for further review.

Just because I added the chicken wire, let's not through the baby out with the bath water. I've owned the helmet for 10 years and I addd the chicken wire just for my own pleasure when I look at the display stand. I am interested in the forum's views and appreciate the responses I have received so far that relate directly to the decal.

"All the world's a stage, and the men and women are merely players. They have their entrances and exits." William Shakespeare-

PS: If i keep this up, I'll be nearer the exits than the entrances

?

I will keep the view to the decal if you can keep the Shakespear quotes to a minimum...LOL

The point which was supposed to be humorous is this; a real SS decaled helmet is a pretty special piece. Why mess it up with wire. Do that to a no decal helmet - if you must (Yes Harry the Mole I understand its his helmet and he can use it for a pissbucket if he wants to lets not go there yet again please LOL).

You also did not say it was your helmet nor did you say you added the wire so on this end of the screen one can only presume that you were interested in buying this helmet. Collectors use correlations when making authentications I am afraid and the entire piece is always taken in as a whole. By adding fake wire to a helmet that points in the same direction, fake.

Your comments are very helpful. thank you.

Never ,never give up. Winston S Churchill

?

No worries Winston, now lets see that decal closeup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast