Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet last one :-)

Article about: This one comes from a reliable source who I buy my deacts off so I will be disappointed if this is a fake. What does everyone reckon, any good?

?

Default SS helmet last one :-)

This one comes from a reliable source who I buy my deacts off so I will be disappointed if this is a fake. What does everyone reckon, any good?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet last one :-)   SS helmet last one :-)  

SS helmet last one :-)   SS helmet last one :-)  

SS helmet last one :-)   SS helmet last one :-)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet last one :-)
    P
    Many

Ain't an expert marky but it sure looks great to me. Is that a 40 style with the rolled edge? Very nice looking for sure.

The helmet is very rusty and the liner is allways in place in good condition?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Yea, they've told me it's a M40 ET66.. they have guaranteed me it's genuine but I'm still learning myself so not 100%. They want £3800 for it I reckon I could get it for £3500 but I wanna be 100% sure it is genuine before I make my offer. Thanks for your feedback

?

I haven't seen the helmet in person so I can't comment too much on the liner but from the photos it looks pretty good condition. The photo does show more pitting/rust to one side compared to the other side..

Quote by marky View Post
    Yea, they've told me it's a M40 ET66.. they have guaranteed me it's genuine but I'm still learning myself so not 100%. They want £3800 for it I reckon I could get it for £3500 but I wanna be 100% sure it is genuine before I make my offer. Thanks for your feedback
    You are a braver, richer man than me marky. £3800 seems steep. Best of luck.

?

Is that not the average price for this type of helmet in that condition? What do you think its worth?

I would make sure it's real first. It might be right (decal) from the poor pics. Need close ups that are clear & large to be sure. From these small pics, I would not buy any decaled helmet.

Also, if deemed original, in that condition, it is overpriced IMO

?

Good advice as always. If deemed original what would you offer?

I would try to discount this at least 25% from asking price. There seems to be very little paint left. It is almost in "relic" condition. Better pictures are needed of the entire helmet because it is hard to see what is going on. Liner, pins, paint, decal. Really these pics are almost useless. You're paying top $$...you deserve top quality pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast