Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet M42

Article about: Hello guys, Did you ever seen decals of SS like these?I ask you because ussually the SS helmets with double decal have on the one side the party shield decal. I have a feeling that these are

Default SS helmet M42

Hello guys,
    Did you ever seen decals of SS like these?I ask you because ussually the SS helmets with double decal have on the one side the party shield decal.
    I have a feeling that these are fake but some opinions from the experienced are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

SS helmet M42SS helmet M42SS helmet M42SS helmet M42SS helmet M42SS helmet M42SS helmet M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet M42
    P
    Many

I believe the SS decal may be a so-called 'round bottom fake', as characterised by the lack of a point at the base of the shield. Can't comment on the other decal. The resident helmet experts will be along shortly, I'm sure.

Regards, B.B.

The SS decal is a round bottom fake. Almost certainly the national decal is fake as well.
    Nick

Does this mean that the helmet is also fake?
    Thanks for info!

No, the helmet is good, but someone has ruined it by adding fake decals. I suspect acid has been used to "age" the decals. If you've just bought this helmet you should ask the vendor for a refund.

A shame, as it would otherwise have been a rather nice non-decal M42, damage to the liner notwithstanding.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A shame, as it would otherwise have been a rather nice non-decal M42, damage to the liner notwithstanding.
    B.B.
    Not as nice as yours though Brodie.
    Possibly the decals could be removed - I know some people have had quite good success with this. Normally you wouldn't want to mess around with them, but because they have no place on this helmet then this is an option.
    If the helmet is not yours, then it's not one you would want to pursue.
    Nick

I didn't buy it, firstly I wanted to get your opinions before I bid it.
    Thank you all!

Hello, to sell like one Charlemagne helmet ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi, as you know, not one that you want to pursue, both decals are fake, but as said, the helmet itself is good. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast