Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ss helmet....need opinions on this

Article about: I really hate to bring up an old topic back up, but I recently joined the SS "bandwagon" and have been doing some research on the ole trans SS lids and yes, Tom, the "mirror&q

?

Default Re: Ss helmet....need opinions on this

I really hate to bring up an old topic back up, but I recently joined the SS "bandwagon" and have been doing some research on the ole trans SS lids and yes, Tom, the "mirror" type SS decal does exist.

My question is, did they ever come to a conclusion? Would have been nice if the OP had posted better, clear, straight on shots as this is one of the rarest SS lids out there.

Regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I own the mirror runic transitional of Bills and pictured in Kelly's books ( its in more than 1 book ) and can say its unequivocally real, magnified its identical to a regular Pocher. The cover of The Last Knight of Flanders has SS Officer Remy Schiffen (sp?) wearing a mirror runic decaled helmet, and pictured in the Mollo book is a Waffen SS volunteer wearing a set of mirror runic SS bullion tabs. The conventional wisdom is these mirror runic decaled helmets were a short lived decal used by non German speaking SS members soon replaced by the more often seen reversed runic helmets and double runic helmets. But nobody knows for sure.

As for the helmet in this thread the runes appear to end above the break with conveniently placed damage and the party shield looks like the fake with the high centered shield. Better pics would help and yes Jim there are fakes of this decal out there.

The original poster was banned some time ago for dealing in dodgy items, that may provide a clue to the authenticity of the subject helmet.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The original poster was banned some time ago for dealing in dodgy items, that may provide a clue to the authenticity of the subject helmet.
    Thought so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123