Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss helmet....need opinions on this

Article about: I really hate to bring up an old topic back up, but I recently joined the SS "bandwagon" and have been doing some research on the ole trans SS lids and yes, Tom, the "mirror&q

Default Ss helmet....need opinions on this

would like to hear comments on this item,,,these are all the pics i have of this,,,many thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet....need opinions on this   Ss helmet....need opinions on this  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet....need opinions on this
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss helmet....need opinions on this

the helmet it self looks good
    but the decals are placed in the wrong place and the ss is in mirror print

i`m not an helmet collector but i would say that the decals are added later and reproduction

ian
    ?

the decals are on the wrong sides ,and as already stated the runes are mirrerd ;i like the helmet though,loverly shade of apple green and in good condition from what i can see from the pics ,cheers ian

I have never seen repro Mirror Runes. Only a few originals are known to exist. Check out pictures in the Hicks Beaver book, I think there is a picture of an original owned by Bill Shea. If it is right, and I hope it is, it is almost a "one of a kind". It is most certainly worth it to have it looked at by more than one expert who you know and trust to see if it is real. Good luck! Jim G.

It would be awsome it was a real with mirror runes! I am not an expert so i really dont know.

?

The helmet looks good, BUT THE DECALS, What the, No one was walking around german in the 30S looking like a dickhead with his decal the rong way
    take them off your make himmler cry

ian
    ?

give this one a couple more days to let more people see it and coment before you do any thing ,you just never know , it may suprise us all, but as said it is a great lid ,and worth having , lets see what others say ,cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    give this one a couple more days to let more people see it and coment before you do any thing ,you just never know , it may suprise us all, but as said it is a great lid ,and worth having , lets see what others say ,cheers ian
    I'll be honest, and I'll stick my neck out and say I like it. Apple Green for early SS-VT which fits, and I know they existed, but never seen one. I'd like to hear from Schwerpunkt . He is more informed than most

ian
    ?

John yep a loverly shade of apple green ,and i believe a good original transitional helmet , decals?? i dont know , it requires better persons than me to say about those , but what a great lid ,cheers ian

ian
    ?

john you know funny thing is ,apple green is the haardest of the colours to fake becouse there is no RAL for that colour and there are many different shades of apple green , age realy is the only way to tell cheers ian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast