Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ss helmet/ no decal?

Article about: IM SORRY BUT WHILST THE Pea dot is interesting the fresh liner ,and the name dont impress me ,far too fresh for being in a war ,and 60 years of patina.,but i appreciate you putting the pics

Default Re: ss helmet/ no decal?

IM SORRY BUT WHILST THE Pea dot is interesting the fresh liner ,and the name dont impress me ,far too fresh for being in a war ,and 60 years of patina.,but i appreciate you putting the pics on ,maybe others disagree,lv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

We're all welcome to share opinions...I disagree though - perhaps if you had it in hand you would see that it's not "fresh". I know the liner string is an old shoestring - but other than that: this helmet is as right as rain.
    Again - no idea if SS or not....but it's certainly a good one. The name is also lightly written on the liner too - can post more pics if needed.

Cheers!

Rob

No disrespect but if you put a helmet up for scritiny then opinions will come.I hope its 100% genuine.I know aLSO some helmets where used in the field less tHAN otherS but the liner is very fresh and the name is very fresh, and i personally wouldnt be happy with it.im hoping others will disagree with me as i dont want to be right.LV

Hey LV! No worries man - I've been collecting helmets, buckles and armbands long enough now to appreciate any and all opinions (three areas I focus on mostly). Like I said - we're all welcome to our own thoughts on the helmets that get posted here.
    I take no offense whatsoever! Just wanted to let you know that I think it's a good one.
    Take care!

Rob

It would be cool if you had a way to prove that the guy or kid who wore it was in the 12th SS HJ.

But unfortunately you will never know unless you find a way to look up the name. Good luck

not sure if they were recreating pea dot pattern o nthis lid or trying to recreate the ambush pattern on the tanks as its all yellows maybe he was trying to recreate the sunlight effects thru leaves as seen on ambush pattern vehicles!! just an odd theory i thought id throw in

What type of camo would this be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	126210  

Hello,
    Personally i don't have any problem with how the liner and written name look on the "pea dot" helmet. Liners in even better condition do exist. IMO no issue here.
    This said, i have already seen this camo scene on two Heer helmets (they had the Hoheitsabzeichen decal).
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I've tried the War graves archives but I came up dry. Not sure where else I can look.....I'd love to see the other helmets that you have seen in this pattern (heer helmets).
    There are ALL kinds of different camo patterns out there....there was no set rule of thumb in the creation of these. That I guess is part of what makes these so interesting!
    Cheers guys!
    Rob

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    What type of camo would this be.
    I love that helmet Chris. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. Jim G.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast