Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this SS helmet right?

Article about: I Wouldnít touch that one with a flaming stick (Donít know if itís only a Danish expression )

?

Default Is this SS helmet right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315.1 2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	359343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315.2 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	359344

My gut tells me this is good, but my insecurity asks for verification. Does this look right? Is $250 a good price? The rest of the helmet looks like this; no liner. Thank you for your help.

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this SS helmet right?

250 dollars!!!!! Incredibly good price if genuine.....I think it's one of those "too good to be true" tarted up shells...either the seller has no idea on the value, or he knows it is dodgy and trying to make a quick buck....

Having said that, it's not a outrageous price for a shell, SS or otherwise.... The decal looks as though it has been post war applied, and then the whole helmet has been aged around it....

Wait for others, but the price alone makes me very sceptical

?

Crap, man; you KNOW I want to believe it is good. But you bring up some good points. Others?

?

Mate if it's real......you are incredibly lucky, I'd love this to be real for basicaly loose change!!!!

But I'm skepticl

?

The BIG question, of course, is "will he be smart enough to follow the advice of those more learned than he?". Uhhhhh.......emotion wins every time.

?

Where's dougy?

?

OK pretend like you didn't see the price and judge it on the merits of the helmet/decal itself. I may have introduced an element of bias.

You will need closer pics of the decals, skirt and any numbers/markings. I am no pro, but the laws of probability concerning these lids don't give me a good feeling. But hey - Hope I'm wrong!

?

Pwny: I really like relics, too. Such stories they could tell. I will request the pics you suggest. Thank you!
    Mike

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315.2.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	359348Name:  315.10.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  45.6 KB

Seller, in Europe, says HKL66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315.10.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	359347  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast