Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS helmet with runes scratched off

Article about: You will get all the answers you need once you post pics.

Default Re: SS helmet with runes scratched off

I guess it depends on whether the decals have been completely scratched off or there are still remnants of them. The one that sold on the WAF was a good one but there was very little left of the decals, you must remember the one I am referring to? It was on estand for a few months

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet with runes scratched off
    P
    Many

no i never saw that one, i dont normally seek out SS helms, waaay too pricey for my blood. a defaced one i can afford...

?

Sometimes, on rare occasions, yes, you can tell if it had an SS decal.

Here's an example of my old Q66 SS defaced most likely by the soldier due to the new regulations at the time.

This is a side stamped Q66. Theres no evidence, not even a hint that there was a decal on the left side. The right sides patina is consistent with the rest of the helmet. Lot number comes back only to SS branch and if I recall there are two other SS helmets out there with the same size and lot number.

As far as the source, just like a member here stated earlier, anyone can make me mistakes.

YES! this one i am buying is like yours, but with more decal remaining, the color of the helm is a rich dark blackish green, thank you for sharing this it gives all looking a baseline of what i am dealing with.thank you again and will share pics of mine as soon as i carry it home.
    Last edited by tarvin890; 01-13-2013 at 08:22 PM.

?

Another thing I wanted to add is regarding value. The value for my helmet for an example is probably worth either the same as an average no decal helmet or just maybe a $100 or $200 more depending on who it matters to and how much they are willing to pay.. The decal on an SS is everything. The decal will make or break the deal.

Talking Re: SS helmet with runes scratched off

yes but the fact that the best of the best wore it makes it a neat deal to own.

quick note... i beleive bill at the ruptured duck has one less decal for 2500, how does that one demand such a price?

?

Quote by tarvin890 View Post
    YES! this one i am buying is like yours, but with more decal remaining, the color of the helm is a rich dark blackish green, thank you for sharing this it gives all looking a baseline of what i am dealing with. you said you had this, did you sell it? if so may i ask what it fetched? thank you again and will share pics of mine as soon as i carry it home.
    Hi,

You need to post pics. It doesn't matter how it resemble mine, you need to post clear pics, lot number & size to confirm what you are buying BEFORE you buy, not after, because this can be very tricky! When I bought this helmet I had Kelly Hicks & Doug Buhler look at it carefully.

I don't recall what I sold it for, its been a while now. The person who bought it wanted for his SS camo cover.

?

Quote by tarvin890 View Post
    quick note... i beleive bill at the ruptured duck has one less decal for 2500, how does that one demand such a price?
    I don't like discussing prices especially on SS helmets. Its a subject I try to stay away from.

i understand what you mean, i am merely trying to distinguish worthless no decal versus worthfull decal, there must be a way to distinguish, like someone noted the batch number and maker being all correct for a more valueable no decal than if the batch and maker not being as good, I am tryin to understand the thinking on these things. but i guess if all else fails, no decal worth a reg. helm... so decal does make the helmet period,,, no in between.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast