Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS helmet with runes scratched off

Article about: You will get all the answers you need once you post pics.

Default SS helmet with runes scratched off

Now, i know alot of collectors hate when the "goodies" are defaced or taken of, but in the case of a SS helmet that had them scratched off,in this case it is a single decal not showing evidence of the swaz. decal, does it really lessen the value to zippo or still hold a decent investment value. Me personally i like that it is and always will be an SS scratched or not...thoughts on this? no pics at the moment will have it home in 2 weeks will post pics then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet with runes scratched off
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS helmet with runes scratched off

Some people will state it doesn't matter, it doesnt change the history of the helmet, it will always be an SS helmet, but I think it does affect the value. There was a similar helmet on the WAF, a double decal M40 if i remember correctly, and it did take a long time to sell, its not that one is it ????

nope never seen the light of day, first time out of loooong time collection.

I would be leery of any helmet with the decal scratched off. It is a common ploy of fakers to remove evidence of a fake decal. For me, a helmet is defined by the presence of a decal that can be studied. When obliterated, provenance is nothing more than conjecture.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well Said Bob, Tarvin, have you had it appraised ???

not yet, it comes from an excellent source, anything this man releases, I would never hesitate or question it, just happy when he lets stuff out, i fully understand the whole, if its removed its questionable, that should account for the majority i suspect, however, if the source is solid, dont question the horse, be happy the items are being offered. I will def post pics when i bring it home, the source has 1000 percent lifetime guarantee. the color is fabulous liner dried up but will make a wunderbar display. germanhelmets.com is local to me so i will probably get a hands on also.

Sounds promising then, will look forward to seeing it

?

Your referring to Dave Shirlin ( i mean not as your source for the helmet but your source for the hands on )
    Never trust any acquisition source blindly. Everyone makes mistakes. Please post photos when the helmet arrives.

I agree with Bob. Impossible to tell if it was good if it has all gone, I could scratch up the right side of a helmet without decals and write 'Oberscha Muller' in the liner. I wouldn't consider it an SS helmet now, if it was to begin with. Looking forward to pics though!

will do. thanks for your input

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast