MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet - what do you think?

Article about: Hi guys, I saw this helmet on an auction site and wondered if it's worth a 750\\$ bid? Personally, I have my doubts but I like it. That's why I'm asking the experts Cheers, Ken

Default SS helmet - what do you think?

Hi guys,

I saw this helmet on an auction site and wondered if it's worth a 750$ bid?

Personally, I have my doubts but I like it. That's why I'm asking the experts

Cheers,
    Ken

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet - what do you think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS helmet - what do you think?

If it's real, which I doubt, due to the "fixed" paint around the decal (removed) then the price would be fantastic :P

This was on another forum for review recently I think. Not one I would chase

Wouldnt even look twice at it. Made up for a quick buck!

Jason

Thanks. He has another one, both are listed 750$ each (starting bid).

That's still a lot of $ for a bogus pot!

Cheers

?

I just realized that blurring out the "offensive symbols" is a easy way to hide any fake decals... I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

Nitram

It would raise even more concern if he had it listed for $99. A big ticket helmet needs a big price so the novice collector doesnt think to much about it other than "its a good price for a lid like that"

Even if it were real, 750$ is a lot of cash. But at least something worth considering. SS helmets are like mines. If you don't watch out you hit the boobytrap.
    Some would really really fool me. It seems that German pots are faked quite easily, and darn good.

PIMP MY GERMAN WWII HELMET - WH,SS,WL M35 M40 M42 M38 etc Camouflage&Foliage - YouTube

Look at that... they're so good it's insane. Using original shells and all, that's just not funny anymore. Honestly I'd walk away with one not knowing it's refurbished.
    They look cool though.

Cheers

I see what you mean, a couple of those are certainly not 'one look' fakes.

I think an advanced collector would be able to pick out the good from bad pretty easily. However I am far from what I would call an advanced collector. Another 200 helmets or so

I only see as far as I can because I am standing on the shoulders of giants

Quote by kenbent View Post
    Even if it were real, 750$ is a lot of cash. But at least something worth considering. SS helmets are like mines. If you don't watch out you hit the boobytrap.
    Some would really really fool me. It seems that German pots are faked quite easily, and darn good.

PIMP MY GERMAN WWII HELMET - WH,SS,WL M35 M40 M42 M38 etc Camouflage&Foliage - YouTube

Look at that... they're so good it's insane. Using original shells and all, that's just not funny anymore. Honestly I'd walk away with one not knowing it's refurbished.
    They look cool though.

Cheers
    Hello Ken ,

A few good pointers if you seriously want to collect.
    1) Good pictures for review and authentification are essential.
    2) A faker won't provide good pictures because it would instantly reveal his works as fake

The Pimp my helmet link brings 1 and 2 together and you can rest assured that he doesn't use original decals.
    If you could see them in HQ , inside and out and with close-ups they would look like the cheap fakes that they are.

Which brings me back to point 1 , you can only learn something from decent pictures , close-ups etc... All the rest is a waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast