Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

Article about: Hi all, Found this forum when googling and since a lot of the posts I've read seem very well informed I figured this was a good place to ask about my helmet. My father (who was a WW2 collect

Default Re: SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

Quote by jonas View Post
    I assume you mean the liner stamp?
    Attachment 307459
    Sorry! I meant the maker and size stamp over the left ear where the chinstrap attaches.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The bottoms of the runes are above the break, the composition is all wrong, and the application is bad. This is a repro decal, which, unfortunately, means the rest is post war as well. Sorry, Jim G.

Wow what an awesome helmet. Looks a bit too good to be real but if it is it's worth a couple of $K.. 5000-10000$ price range wouldn't be extraordinary for such a helmet. If it were fake, 200$ maybe at best.

Hope it's real though! What a looker. Never seen anything like it.

Will leave the experts do the talking now... Good luck!

The helmet itself appears to be genuine, no idea about the paint job. I am a bit skeptic as well, because I don't really like the rust inside of the helmet (opposite to no rust at all on the outside of the helmet). Could definitely be a restored, rusty helmet. People already did this in the 1980s I suppose.

Cheers

?

Thanks Jonas for the macro shots.

Unfortunately it appears to be a fake decal and highly advise you stay away from it.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The bottoms of the runes are above the break, the composition is all wrong, and the application is bad. This is a repro decal, which, unfortunately, means the rest is post war as well. Sorry, Jim G.
    Please take notice of what Jim has posted !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I also do not like the decal. It is an interesting helmet that certainly deserves the attention it has received.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Welcome to the forum, sadly this NASCAR style SS helmet has as has been said older fake Pocher copy decal along with the paint, red cross, KZ stampings, stencil, etc etc etc. However I think the pace car driver of the next Daytona 500 would look smashing in it! :-)
    Cheers PS probably worth a couple hundred bucks as a curiosity repro piece however.

?

Alright guys, thanks for all your help and information. Too bad it didn't go the other way, but it was just to good to be true wasn't it? I guess it goes back in the attic then...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12