Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?

Article about: This is a good Pocher decal applied over a (partially) removed decal, probably field reissued at one point. Price is actually pretty high for what amounts to a single decal now with even a p

Default SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?

Some time to kill on a Saturday night and thought I’d post this question. This is not an area I collect in, nor plan to start, but have developed an interest in these SS helmets. I don’t posses any real knowledge in differentiating the good from the bad, but am very curious if this example is genuine as claimed by the seller. This listing has almost run its course on a Polish site and there’s been no takers for the fixed price of 12500PLN = 4008USD = 2526GBP. Is it is bogus, or just overpriced?

A summary of the item description translates to “Original Waffen SS M35 with factory apple green paint, about 80% intact, with SS decal also at about 80%. The decal on the opposite side has been removed. The previous owner claim the helmet was found in Sweden by Polish workers and brought to this country. The helmet was missing its internal equipment (liner) . . . an original liner has been added. Maker marked Q64 . . .”

Is there a legitimate reason why the one decal was removed, perhaps a regulation adopted during the period? What do the experts say?

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?   SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?  

SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?   SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?  

SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?   SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?  

SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS M35 not selling - fake or overpriced?

Careful of A man named Pawel Nowak! He is a Scammer and will do and say anything to cheat you for your money. He usually pays with paypal and he lives in Poland.

Quote by Espiteri View Post
    Careful of A man named Pawel Nowak! He is a Scammer and will do and say anything to cheat you for your money. He usually pays with paypal and he lives in Poland.
    He never uses Paypal, Paypal is Pawel's worst enemy!

and Pawel is not a man

Not every person selling militaria from Poland does business like Pawel Nowak.

That decal looks really convincing to me, I'm leaning toward it might be a good Q decal.? If so, the price is really good. These usually are priced over 5k, even in this condition. I have noticed SS helmets' prices are not really affected if they are missing their original liner or chinstrap. Hopefully somebody will come along to verify the decal, or make me look like a complete idiot.

Yes, there was an order that went out on March 21st, 1940 that called for the tri color shield to be removed.

Regards,
    Corey

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    That decal looks really convincing to me, I'm leaning toward it might be a good Q decal.? If so, the price is really good. These usually are priced over 5k, even in this condition. I have noticed SS helmets' prices are not really affected if they are missing their original liner or chinstrap. Hopefully somebody will come along to verify the decal, or make me look like a complete idiot.

Yes, there was an order that went out on March 21st, 1940 that called for the tri color shield to be removed.

Regards,
    Corey
    Only SS didnt have tri-color, but nonetheless. This one might stand a chance. I can't say one way or another.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Only SS didnt have tri-color
    Did the order cover the party shield? I just assumed it did, but I don't really know.

I think it is legitimate, Just wanted to warn you about pawel, and I'm sorry I thought you wrote $400 US dollars and I thought for an original SS helmet that is a huge scam. IMO It is very nice.

SS helmets are very expensive depending on the condition, ive seen salty examples still go for a good $6,000-7,000 USD, nice, unused examples generally go for around 8-10 grand depending on the helmet type.

?

Its the real deal gents. This one is no stranger to me. Not sure who the seller is, but the helmet is a genuine SS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast