Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS M40 DD helmet?

Article about: I would not rate my chances of a refund as it was bought in 2005. I obtained it from the Lanes Armoury in Brighton, I guess I will not be dealing with them ever again!

Default Re: SS M40 DD helmet?

I would not rate my chances of a refund as it was bought in 2005. I obtained it from the Lanes Armoury in Brighton, I guess I will not be dealing with them ever again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 DD helmet?
    P
    Many

?

I'd try anyway if I were you. 1200 quid is quite a large sum (if you're a student like me it is, at least) to get swindled out of.

Nitram

?

WOW! Not even close! I hate to see people getting caught out there. Keep us up to date, good luck. =(...

regards
    Samir

?

I would call them furious and demand a refund... cant hurt

?

It's a bad one as has been said, strap as well. SE SS M40 are nonexistent. I'd still try for a refund. Can't hurt.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your help in regard to this fake. I would like to confront the seller and would like some extra info if possible so i can state my case. I now know that it is too high a lot number for a double decal M40 and that SE SS M40 are nonexistent. Can you also tell me why the decals are fake, how to identify the chinstrap as fake and what the helmet actually was before it had fake decals attached. Thank you for all and any help. Nic.

I have a few dozen of The Old Brigades catalogs.# 36 is from the fall of 1999 and Stewart Wilson is still the owner but works from his home.Go to the OLD BRIGADE.COM and ask him about it by e-mail or call him.He certainly is not going to get involved pay wise,but i am guessing you went for almost 2k USD in 2005.Trust no one my friend as outside the forum you are dealing with some of the biggest scumbags on the planet!!2005 is long gone so a refund is way out of the question.So much SS material is fake you better not thread in those muddy waters unless you are able to post the pieces here on the forum.At least you will know what is fair or foul.If the seller refuses to allow you to send photos screw him and the horse he rode in on! CARL. PS Their are several new books on SS helmets and there lot#'s and corresponding characteristics which will help you,but this forum will save you four and five figures better!

?

The SS decal is trying to be a Q pattern, found only on Q shells. The party decal is a well known modern fake with a poorly offset circle and swaz. SE helmets with SS decals are rare in the extreme with even 1 decal, and it should be a CAPocher or NS/SE style if anything. Chinstrap is also a well known fake. This I've written is supported by reference material written by Hicks and the many SS helmets I've catalogued and/or owned over the years which is over 500 catalogued and well over 100 owned and many more had in hand.

Now go get that refund!

Thank you Doug and Carl for the info and advice. It is as always much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2