MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS M40 DD Shell

Article about: The M40 Q DD decals looks ok IMO, but I think the entire helmet always will be questioned by some.... Now the same guy are trying to sell a fake M40 SD Heer......

?

Default Re: SS M40 DD Shell

Quote by Farradin View Post
    I talked to the seller after the auction about what he wants etc for the helmet. He said between $3000-$3800....!!!!........ So NO DEAL. Such a shame, thought I could make a good deal with him. But obviously not.
    Yes for that price he should be keeping it for quite some time. This is a $1500-2000 piece at best IMO, IF real.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 DD Shell
    P
    Many

?

Weird. Mads said the minimum price was 800 euro, what happened to that? Why does he now want more? He must be a member here.

Samir

Sorry I think you misunderstood. Highest bid was 800euros but the minimum price is kept secret untill its reached. So he can well have set it much higher right from the start.

Rgds
    Mads

Yeah he probably had the reservationprice on $3000+ and noone was biddning near it...

The guy said he inherited from his father whom bought it from a man long time ago together with 2 other SS-helmets. He was in germany along with the "white buses"... He are some pics on the other helmet which he's not selling..

Attachment 402711Attachment 402712Attachment 402713

Did the WSS use 'Gefreiter' in their rank structure?

No, not to my knowledge, the rank "Gefreiter" would be equivilent to "Sturmmann" or "Rottenführer" in the WSS.

?

If a reissue, which this looks like, it could be the name of a former owner. I have a Double Runic with Gefr. in the rear of the shell, its a reissue as well.

?

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Sorry I think you misunderstood. Highest bid was 800euros but the minimum price is kept secret untill its reached. So he can well have set it much higher right from the start.

Rgds
    Mads
    Yes I did, sorry, Mads.

?

Quote by Farradin View Post
    The guy said he inherited from his father whom bought it from a man long time ago together with 2 other SS-helmets. He was in germany along with the "white buses"... He are some pics on the other helmet which he's not selling..

Attachment 402711Attachment 402712Attachment 402713
    If its not too much trouble, can u get close-ups of the decals from him? They look bad from these pics.

By the way, if the decals turn out to be bad don't tell him, otherwise he's going to try and sell it. We have enough fakes floating on the market as it is.

Samir

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast