Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss m42

Article about: G'day Guys i came across this very interesting lid i thought you might like to see. It"s a CKL64 #2871 the decal has been painted over, as described by the owner he's not quite sure why

Default Re: Ss m42

Phill as Frank has said above and I would listen to him first IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m42
    P
    Many

I'll try to load some more pics but i don't have the originals.

[h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Good SS helmet. When the personalization and ET decal touched up who knows but it appears well aged.

Well done Eric, Thanks Mate

nephrurus01
    ?

re Stanislawski name, thats true that its origin is Polish, however lots of Germans have Polish names as well lots of Poles have German names, therefore it doesnt mean anything but just that the helmet belonged at some stage to someone with this name, what doesnt mean he was a Pole,

Well said, My Sister in law is an Aussie and her last name was Schulz.

Hello,
    Stanislawski is not a Polish Name, it`s a old Name from Ostpreußen.
    cheers

Well there ya go Nice one Nick

It seems silly to disagree about such an odd thing, but I am afraid that you're wrong. I have included a few surname origin definitions below. Stanislawski is, indeed, a Polish name with Polish origins. But,in any case- you are right in the fact that East Prussia Became part of Poland eventually anyway(well,part of it). I am sure that there are many Germans even today who bear the name "Stanislawski", but the point I was making was that this being applied to an SS helmet, didn't the SS have their requirements of having to trace their pure Germanic bloodlines back to something like 1750? So, unless the helmet's supposed owner's family immigrated a Long time ago, he would be hard pressed to meet the requirements. And, If the owner Was a Pole, that would make the helmet rare indeed,as it's a hotly contested debate point that there were no Poles ever in the SS. But, it's all academic in Any case, since it really doesn't matter one way or another Anyway! I was just asking, what I thought to be an interesting question, is all. I wasn't intending or looking to start a debate on surname origins! It's a nice helmet and rare by any standards- but for a 5K price,I guess it Should be! William

Stanislawski:
    Polish (Stanislawski): habitational name for someone from any of various places called Stanislaw, Stanislawów, or Stanislawice, named with the personal name Stanislaw (see Stanislaw).

Stanislaw:
    Polish (Stanislaw): from the personal name Stanislaw, composed of the Slavic elements stani ‘become’ + slav ‘glory’, ‘fame’, ‘praise’. This surname is well established in German-speaking lands.

Last name: Stanislaw:
    Recorded in many forms including Stanislaw, Stanislawski, (Polish) Stanislav (Czech) Stanislavsky (Russian), and many diminutives and patronymics such as Stanic, Stanek, Stanczyk, Staniisz and apparently Stanex, as well as Staniak, Stasiak and Stanilwicz, this is a surname of Polish and Slavonic origins. It derives from the pre 7th century elements 'stan' meaning to become, with 'slav' meaning glory or fame, to creat the personal name of Stanislaw borne by several kings of Poland. To these was sometimes attached the suffix '-ski' which in medieval Polish was equivalent to the German 'von' or the French 'de'. As such it implied at least minor nobility, and certainly land ownership. Unfortunately few early recordings have survived from these times. Poland in particular has suffered over the centuries from the greed of her neighbours, who have all sought and often succeeded in seizing lands from her. As such there has been continual upheaval leading to a failure to adequately protect historical artefacts such as the ancient rolls, charters and registers. Indeed these were often deliberately destroyed in particular by the Russian Communists to try to remove any reminders of the past.

Read more: Surname Database: Stanislaw Last Name Origin
    Last edited by Wagriff; 09-12-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast