Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. Schott

Article about: -- Found this beautiful M42 SS helmet at the local militaria shoppe here in my city. I snapped it up quickly as you don't see them very often, if at all. The quality and condition really gra

Default SS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. Schott

-- Found this beautiful M42 SS helmet at the local militaria shoppe here in my city. I snapped it up quickly as you don't see them very often, if at all. The quality and condition really grabbed my attention. It resided in the care of an experienced collector whom recently passed and the estate was dispersed by immediate family. I suppose the gentleman's name could either be Schott or Scnott . . . I settled on Schott

SS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. SchottSS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. Schott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. Schott
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Who is the maker?

First time I've seen a double stamped lot #
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unfortunately that is not an authentic SS decal.
    Painted looks like.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Unfortunately that is not an authentic SS decal.
    Painted looks like.
    -- The more I examine it in these close-up photos the less confident I am. Just doesn't have the crispness on the edges and the white background looks off.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    -- The more I examine it the less confident I am. Just doesn't have the crispness on the edges and the white background looks off.
    I whole heartily agree with Frank. There are a number of things wrong with the decal, but still interested in the maker.

Not all manufacturers made SS helmets
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I whole heartily agree with Frank. There are a number of things wrong with the decal, but still interested in the maker.

Not all manufacturers made SS helmets
    +1 - the decal is not good at all.
    I hope you did not spend too much money and can get a refund.

nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    +1 - the decal is not good at all.
    I hope you did not spend too much money and can get a refund.

nick
    -- Paid a sizeable amount as you can imagine but chatted with the seller today and we've come to a mutual agreement. To the human eye it looks so good but under magnification it just doesn't hold up (painted on decal). I'm actually gutted it's not authentic because I really wanted it to be. It came from a highly regarded collector, but who knows, he could have very well been fooled as well.

Also hoping you can get a refund but if not name and shame!

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Also hoping you can get a refund but if not name and shame!

Andy
    -- I'm more than pleased with a full in-store credit. I feel kind of bad because I've had the helmet for several months and only got around to posting pictures recently. To their credit I've purchased numerous items of significant value and all have checked out perfectly fine. This being the only mishap. They've always stood by the motto, "The customer should always be happy," and so I had no hesitation about returning something I'm not 100% on. Again, I just felt bad for the amount of time that had lapsed. I should have done better and swifter due diligence.

Glad that you got a full refund! It sounds like their customer service is very good and this helmet has just slipped through.

Definitely post here prior to purchasing if possible.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast