Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M42 original decal?

Article about: 'the scent of rodent wafts fragrantly through this thread'

'the scent of rodent wafts fragrantly through this thread'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 original decal?
    P
    Many

Henrik Rask of raskantik is the one offering up this helmet --- There's a total of 17 shots in the email and the damage to the front was said to be due to it having been welded onto the front of a Willys jeep as a souvenir. Can't really make out maker stamps from the photos --

SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?SS M42 original decal?

?

The thought of this being welded to the bumper of willys truck just hurts my brains.

M38
    ?

From the looks of the batch number, I'd say it's an EF. Looks like a real one to me and not that bad shape, in spite of the damage to the brim. Could be worse!

Cheers,
    Terry

?

I think its a good one too, Terry. Just need those straight on shots of the decal to confirm.

Samir

?

Checking back now, it's an EF shell for sure, as Terry and I said. The decal is a good EF. That said this dealer needs to pull his head out of his ass and post proper head on shots of the decal as not many can identify a good decal on ridiculous angled shots. Thanks for posting the additional pics.

Hello all , only just seen this one , what a shame it was used as a car mascot! Still , the decal is not the worst I have ever seen ,a decent EF, just seems a bit odd that for a shell that's done so many thousands of miles , the liner is still there even though there is not even one liner pin left to hold it in. Has that been "welded" too? Leon.

Anyone else notice the 2 oddly placed holes in the forehead area of the crown?

?

thanks for all the good comments here! I just can say that normally Henrik Rask has very good pictures of his items, I guess he was in a hurry this time Also, I have NEVER seen any questionable items on his website, but still, it is always good to have other opinions - so thanks again.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Anyone else notice the 2 oddly placed holes in the forehead area of the crown?
    Hi Glenn , I certainly did but is just another piece of "post war messing" to me that is not worth worrying about. This lid is fouled up good and proper on so many levels but at least the decal is good for once!! Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast