Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss m42 se 66

Article about: Ok, I know bad Iphone shots, but i thought Id just put them out there... M42 SS SE66 The batch number and maker number are both stamnped on the rear of the skirt, textured finish......decal

?

Default Ss m42 se 66

Ok, I know bad Iphone shots, but i thought Id just put them out there...

M42 SS SE66

The batch number and maker number are both stamnped on the rear of the skirt, textured finish......decal has that champagne glitter about it

for what there worth, here they are......colour bugs me a bit
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss m42 se 66   Ss m42 se 66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m42 se 66
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss m42 se 66

Overall wear to the helmet seems to match the decal......a too good to be true???

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Overall wear to the helmet seems to match the decal......a too good to be true???
    I'm afraid it is, that decal looks like a high end reproduction of a Pocher and I don't recall ever seeing a true M42 SS with a Pocher decal, but let Doug confirm this as I am almost certain of my findings, thanks for sharing.

kind regards
    Samir

?

Yeh the decal is very convincing......but to see one with hardly any damage rings alarm bells.....it looks like an unissued helmet very well stored!!!!

I mean this dealer is good, I got my winterhilf booklet, drivers badge and the unapplied heer decal from him.....he is selling it for 3500, but offered it to me for 2500.....1000 buck discount straight out?????

Why would a seller drop the price by a third on an original SS item?
    Doesn't quite make sense to me unless it's dubious.

I do not like it, sorry man.

Was it ISWright? if so they work off consignment

?

Yeh IS wright.....he has a lot of good stuff, bit overpriced,everything in Australia is, but I reckon he got it wrong on this one....

?

I know my pics are not the best, but I thank you all for your comments....there were immediate red flags, learnt from here....just the fact the decal is almost perfect, and has a real sparkly effect, whilst convincing, was too good to be true....the condition of the liner does not match the rest of the helmet, it is very dry and very thin.......could be rodent damaged.......just seems to be worn away by something other than wear......

But again when he laid it on the table and said I could have 1000 bucks off, becsuse I was a veteran and said 2,500 I was shocked.....surely if this was real it would be going for 4-5000 don't you think????

I'm not trying to convince myself it's real.....I'm trying to find as many faults as I can!!!!!

It is no good, the decal and the paint are wrong. Don't get taken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast