Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss m4o sd

Article about: On sale for 3000 US, opinions on authenticity would be appreciated. Looks kinda too good to me, but I am no expert on SS stuff.

?

Default Ss m4o sd

On sale for 3000 US, opinions on authenticity would be appreciated. Looks kinda too good to me, but I am no expert on SS stuff.
    Ss m4o sdSs m4o sdSs m4o sdSs m4o sdSs m4o sdSs m4o sd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m4o sd
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss m4o sd

Too good to be true it is I'm afraid. A very high quality Q fake. I was looking at this myself only a few days ago, and discovered there was a discussion on this lid at GHW from some years back. If anyone has heard of the infamous 'SS2' decal, ths one is being peddled by the same guy in the UK - Spandau militaria.

Notice how sharp the details in the runes are, and that the pulver is bronze toned - yet the decal has no lacquer coating. Also in the damaged areas a non - lacquered Q decal would flake a lot worse than this IMO. It fooled me for quite a while. Thanks to Samir and Bryan for pointing me in the right direction on this one.

Scary stuff man. They are getting good. Perhaps too good to the point they might over do it on perfection and make it easier to spot the high quality fakes.

?

Like Andy said, not a good one.

Hi, the left rune looks slightly "fatter" than the right to my eye, that said, this is one hell of a good fake decal!! Great spot Kradspam,SSamir and Bryan. This one is a really useful learning tool ,although I would not have wanted to learn for $3000!! Leon.

?

This is the first SS helmet I have seen reduced to sell......by 30 percent. That was my first red flag, plus it just does not look right. Hope it remains unsold.