Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS or Not SS This is the question???

Article about: Quite some time ago, I aquired the helmet in the pictures. Although I have my own oppinion on its authenticity both as a helmet and as an SS helmet. I would be very interested in hearing the

Default SS or Not SS This is the question???

Quite some time ago, I aquired the helmet in the pictures. Although I have my own oppinion on its authenticity both as a helmet and as an SS helmet. I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of members with more experience and knowledge than me on this subject, so please feel free to pass whatever comments or opinions you may have. Ta!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael RSS or Not SS This is the question???SS or Not SS This is the question???SS or Not SS This is the question???SS or Not SS This is the question???SS or Not SS This is the question???SS or Not SS This is the question???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS or Not SS This is the question???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS or Not SS This is the question???

Aren't the runes on the wrong side?

The decals are on the wrong sides of the helmet!...

For certain the runic decal is bad. The shell and the party shield may be period, but better pictures are needed. Reverse decal SS helmets did exist, but they were originally double decal Police helmets, and were re decaled with Pocher Runic decals affixed over the Police Eagle decals when they were transformed into SS helmets. The runic shield on the helmet that started this thread is not an original Pocher decal. This is a real one (it is an M35). Look closely at the Runic Shield and you will see the Police decal underneath. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS or Not SS This is the question???   SS or Not SS This is the question???  

SS or Not SS This is the question???   SS or Not SS This is the question???  

Last edited by helmet2id; 03-26-2013 at 12:29 AM.

SS decal is crap, but the party shield might stand a chance. Call me nuts, but is one side of the helmet black, and the other pea green? lol

Hi, Thank you for all of the responses to this thread. If confirmation of its lack of originallity was required then it is confirmation that I got!! My opinion was that the whole paint job and decals were spurious but I am now drawn to the opinion that the only problem is the SS decal?? It is actually, quite a nice helmet so I may try and remove the offending decal and get a liner for it. The possibility of it being a police helmet hadn't entered my head so thank you once again to all. With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R
    PS It is black all over, no green to be seen!! MR

Hi,this one does not look good to me,the SS decal is very poor,the party shield is better(like a pocher) but the paintwork just does not look right to me either. All in all I would say this is another fake,trying to be a reverse over decal police, sorry, Leon

Can't say I've ever seen a combat shell in black as a double decal police helmet, but anything is possible I suppose. Is there any other paint under the black? There does not look to be a police decal under that SS though, it looks pretty well scrubbed.

Could be a postwar Czech used fire helmet

Ps Jim I love that one, if you ever get bored send it my way

?

Come on people there are enough threads on here about Foreign volunteer lids and as Jim has said re issue helmets , of course runic decals were found in the left side of a helmet !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Come on people there are enough threads on here about Foreign volunteer lids and as Jim has said re issue helmets , of course runic decals were found in the left side of a helmet !!
    Just a shame this is none of the above.It would be great to stumble across a genuine one of these for very little money!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast