Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss parade helmet????????

Article about: is this real did they really chrome lids for parade purposes ??????? the guy wants £199 starting bid & £20 P&P anyway looks like its been taken apart at some point as the pins look l

Default Re: Ss parade helmet????????

I remember seeing one at a garage sale in Seattle about 1979 or so. I vaguely remember it being stamped "Q64" on the inside. There was no liner. They were asking the princely amount of $15. It seemed a lot back then, and guess it still does now!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss parade helmet????????
    P
    Many

Gentlemen,

Take a look at the last comment of the listing. It was me who gave the info to the seller. I hope a potential bidder can "read between lines" of my comment.

In any case, it show the ignorance of the seller. He might sell the helmet to some fool, but at least we can have a laugh at him.

Regards,

Gus

?

we make a good team Gus

Donnie

Quote by donnie View Post
    we make a good team Gus

Donnie
    Donnie,

True.

Imagine someone buying this Silver Special Forces SS commando super elite Fhei-KK helmet captured directly from Hitler´s Wolf Lair in Berchtesgaden and proudly showing it to a real collector. I think I would hear the laughs from here in Madrid!

And I tell you that it might very well happen. I read an ad here in Madrid about a guy selling a "Kubel" that "was vehicle number 7 of Hitler´s motorcade." He was selling it for 18,000 euros. I went to see the vehiicle just for the fun of it, and it turned out to be a 1973 Volkswagen "Thing". Someone had painted a crude swastika on one of the doors and he believed the whole story. His face was a sad spectacle to watch when I told him what he really had.

As someone said on this thread, one fool is born every minute.

Regards,

Gus

?

It is sometimes the fact that they bought it with the story and even though they no its not true they try to make themselves believe it because they stand to loose alot of money ....buy the item not the story!.....

Sad really but there you go

Donnie

?

Getting to this thread rather late (been away with no computer), sort of punch drunk from travelling all day, and this cannot be a serious attempt to pass this off as an SS helmet I hope.
    Postwar biker helmet. That's it.

?

im afraid it is he just will not listen hes been told several times that its not what he thinks but he just ignores it only believing what he wants to believe as that's what it was stated as when he bought it sad really

?

It takes all kinds.

?

it certainly does mate it certainly does just hope some poor soul doesn't feel tempted to waist their money on it

?

i think the s/s stand for stainless steel rather than Schutzstaffel (ss)dont you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast