Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Polizei helmet

Article about: Dear All, I have recently got this one in my hands. SS Polizei helmet from 4th SS division. The helmet looks very nice to me with several layers of paint and parts of fabric from the cover.

Default SS Polizei helmet

Dear All,

I have recently got this one in my hands. SS Polizei helmet from 4th SS division. The helmet looks very nice to me with several layers of paint and parts of fabric from the cover. Its allegedly found near Leningrad in the 90th in a place that I know well.

What I find strange is the position of the original polizei decal.

SS Polizei helmet

You can also see traces of paint been cleaned around decal and traces of cleaning on the other side.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Appreciate your inputs!

Regards,

E

SS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Polizei helmet
    P
    Many

SS Polizei helmet

Daylight photo

Maybe the decals were dug out from beneath the layers of paint? I'm not an expert but have heard such thing before so thought I'd suggest it.

Another similar example (i guess 1000% good) known to me. Found near Luga defense line.

SS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmetSS Polizei helmet

Another one from my collection with Heer decal over the polizei decal. Also found near Leningrad (a few km from the one above).

You see that its applied on the correct side.

And the correct variant from our well respected forum member found in the same area. A true beauty!

So any thoughts on my first one in question?

Thanks!

A configuration that's out of the ordinary, as in the police decal is usually on the other side, but still not unheard of --- I seem to recall seeing at least one other non-relic helmet with this particular configuration. I can't really tell but is there another decal underneath the paint on the other side? I have a reissue as well, only mine's a former SS reissued to Police, with the Police decals in the usually seen configuration. The decal perhaps a bit overly cleaned but not too bad --- these odd ones are lovely!

Certainly dug out decals but who cares? A rare helmet with alot of history to it

Hi, strangely enough the "cleaning" looks to have caused the most damage 2-3mm away from the decal, and the paint the decal sits on is mostly undamaged. Personally I thing this is a very nice rare relic that has just been treated to roughly during the clean up process. Leon.

Awesome rare pieces, all of them! Shame about the condition of them but hey... Also only one of them appears oiled; all of them should be because they will turn to dust in 10 years time. Saw it with my own eyes, these helmets from mud have their structural integrity compromised and they just flake away.