Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .

Article about: Hello , SS M40 Q # batch 168 This is the only photos that I have for now ; Thank You

?

Default SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .

Hello ,
    SS M40 Q # batch 168
    This is the only photos that I have for now ;
    Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .   SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .
    P
    Many

?

Its a Pocher decal which immediately is a red flag on an M40 of this maker but not the kiss of death. The wear shows extreme abuse and decal decomposition, which is red flag number 2 without more photos of the helmet, and there is enough damage to the decal to conceal rudimentary signs of a graphically accurate fake, however the decal composition from the photos is not appearing to be that of an original Pocher decal. Without studio quality photos of the entire helmet and an accurate in hand assessment by someone who is more than comfortable with SS decals and helmets, I would stay clear of this one.

?

Thank You , Doug for your always accurate assessment .I am going to ask more clear photos of the entire helmet to the owner of this helmet and study all threads in the forum about M40 Q wearing a pocher SS decal . Interesting !
    Thank you again

?

I don't buy it.
    Would like to see pics of the opposite side as well.
    Also, ask the seller if this is a rear or side-stamped quist helmet. Looks to be an earlier side-stamped Q.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank You , Doug for your always accurate assessment .I am going to ask more clear photos of the entire helmet to the owner of this helmet and study all threads in the forum about M40 Q wearing a pocher SS decal . Interesting !
    Thank you again
    You wont find many threads (that is, I do not think that you will find even one thread) on SS M40 helmets with real SS Pocher decals on them that are not reversed or double runics, hence the red flag with a Pocher decal on this, and its poor condition and structure.

This helmet looks like a total fake to me. Look at the pitting all over the side of it and on the rim. This is a relic shell that has been cleaned extensively and repainted. How could that decal survive whatever it was that caused all the damage to the shell?

Hi , I must admit the decal appears to be very "milky" to me and a Pocher on a Quist is very unusual as Doug says. There is a lot of pitting on the helmet which appears to also run consistently under the decal. In that respect it looks as though the decal has been on there a while but I would not be happy spending my hard earned on this one personally as I do not think I would be convinced about it from what I see here, Leon.

?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    This helmet looks like a total fake to me. Look at the pitting all over the side of it and on the rim. This is a relic shell that has been cleaned extensively and repainted. How could that decal survive whatever it was that caused all the damage to the shell?
    I agree. A helmet restored to deceive.

Regards
    Samir

A helmet that rusted should have a decal as deteriorated as this one ( IMO )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .   SS Q M40 Decal opinions please .  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thank You , I really appreciate your comments .
    Regards, notton