Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Relic.

Article about: Here a nice Original SS M40 relic from Rusian. With the first patern runic shield, absorbed by steel . The helmet is cleaned now, but i have no foto's, i make this tomorow. It is difficult t

Default SS Relic.

Here a nice Original SS M40 relic from Rusian.
    With the first patern runic shield, absorbed by steel .
    The helmet is cleaned now, but i have no foto's, i make this tomorow.
    It is difficult to take pictures of the underside of the decal ss.
    That's why I registered with paint.
    it is clear to see that the lines not walk to one point,it is difficult with the camera to take pictures which is pitting the bottom of the decal. decal after cleaning the helmet.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Relic.   SS Relic.  

SS Relic.   SS Relic.  

SS Relic.   SS Relic.  

SS Relic.   SS Relic.  

SS Relic.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Relic.

very nice ss relic helmet that is still very solid looking! cant wait to see the cleaned pictures

Super SD , just remember that once exposed to the air after cleaning the metal will oxidise very quickly, best to coat it with some matt varnish to stop the rust taking hold.

?

where was this one found ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

You need to use oxalic acid, I swear there about 70% of the decal is present
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

This is a very interesting lid ,i would like to learn a bit here if there are members out there with the knowledge regarding my queres .
    Firstly by the comments so far it appears that most would agree the decal is good.If this is so my concerns are that by looking at the pics , it looks to me like areas where the decal is sitting in what looks to me to be very server rust pitting .Its been stated that the decal has been obsorebed by the steel , can this happen , if so it could explain my concerns about the decal sitting in the rust pitting .
    The other thing is by the pics its clear the decal has been cleaned , im not sure by the posting that its been stated he has cleaned that area or not .
    Im not trying to discredit the helmet but if the decal is good its a good lid to learn from regarding rust and original decals on ground dug items cheers Raymond

jh92
    ?

Wow great relic!

crowbar
    ?

How in the hell did you come across that???

It looks fantastic, great find. Due to the rust throught the decal, it seems this would be difficult to fake. I guess if you put a fake decal on there and buried it long enough, you could fake it, but it looks good to me, but I'm far from a expert.

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    This is a very interesting lid ,i would like to learn a bit here if there are members out there with the knowledge regarding my queres .
    Firstly by the comments so far it appears that most would agree the decal is good.If this is so my concerns are that by looking at the pics , it looks to me like areas where the decal is sitting in what looks to me to be very server rust pitting .Its been stated that the decal has been obsorebed by the steel , can this happen , if so it could explain my concerns about the decal sitting in the rust pitting .
    The other thing is by the pics its clear the decal has been cleaned , im not sure by the posting that its been stated he has cleaned that area or not .
    Im not trying to discredit the helmet but if the decal is good its a good lid to learn from regarding rust and original decals on ground dug items cheers Raymond

It is also the PH condition of the ground where the helmet was found, and how many years the helmet located in the ground.
    How was the helmet into the ground, on which way the helmet was in the grond lay how deep located the helmet, was the helm located in water? how react the decal in water mud sand, how react the ground on the helmet decal.

What was the PH, sandy or muddy.
    I've seen relics from Poland and Russia where the decal is still looking great, this is the another basic structure of ground PH
    If you find a relic here in the Netherlands this is usually in very bad with rotten codition, mud conserveerd better
    It would be impossible to apply a modern decal over the pitting and achieve these results it is not possible.. This pitting in this decal pitting come by ground water, PH of the ground, and for so many long years in the ground located.

Pictures of het collega from me, and his ss helmet, and another relics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast