Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss relic Demjansk

Article about: Hello, Recently purchased this nice relic. Appears to be a SD.. think its a m40. Cones from Demjansk battlefield any ideas on division? Cheers

Default Ss relic Demjansk

Hello,

Recently purchased this nice relic. Appears to be a SD.. think its a m40. Cones from Demjansk battlefield any ideas on division?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss relic Demjansk   Ss relic Demjansk  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss relic Demjansk
    P
    Many

Ow...my neck!

In answer to your question, only Totenkopf division were part of the encirclement. That took about 20 seconds to find via Wiki. I hope you spent time researching your own question before asking?

MAP
    ?

Looks nice to me.

However it is always near impossible (for me at least) to authenticate decals in this condition on relics. Plus near impossible to confirm the location they were found. Sexy places like this or Kurland or Stalingrad always make for a nice story.

My only query (for others) is if this could be a round bottom fake?

Ss relic Demjansk
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Too far gone to tell IMO. Still, it looks the real deal so whether it is from Demjansk or some unknown, 'boring area' who cares? Looks good!

It looks like a Stalingrad helmet to me. The decal survived (almost) why no paint? It would be an interesting little experiment to put a new repro decal on a heavily rusted relic such as this, then rub the hell out of it and see if you could replicate the result we see here. Perhaps a new thread?

Umm, can you advise how looking at a photo of a rusty helmet shell can identify it as coming from Stalingrad, especially as there were no SS involved in Stalingrad?

Secondly, putting a decal on a heavily pitted shell would leave decal in the rust pits. It would be immediately identifiable as a con-job.

The Stalingrad was an attempt at humour. Like, because the seller says they found it at Demyansk it must be from there. It's an old the sales technique "sell the dream".

Looks like the deal to me, if Bumbleshoes is happy with the story then that is up to him. It does appear to be a model 40 from the integral vent holes.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    It looks like a Stalingrad helmet to me. The decal survived (almost) why no paint? It would be an interesting little experiment to put a new repro decal on a heavily rusted relic such as this, then rub the hell out of it and see if you could replicate the result we see here. Perhaps a new thread?
    I have a few interestingly rusted helmets. Will post some

Well I understand.. but the dealer who sold me the helmet is a friend of mine and has a lot of connections with russian diggers. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast