Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS relic helmet opinions wanted

Article about: I am looking at purchasing this M35 which looks good to me but would value other opinions. Thanks Steve

Default SS relic helmet opinions wanted

I am looking at purchasing this M35 which looks good to me but would value other opinions.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS relic helmet opinions wanted   SS relic helmet opinions wanted  

SS relic helmet opinions wanted   SS relic helmet opinions wanted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic helmet opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Hi, better close up images of the decal would be good but I think this one is ok, I cannot see a "halo" around the decal area that would indicate a later applied decal on a relic and the general pitting and wear looks good to the decal also. What maker is the helmet? I think the decal may be a POCHER?? Leon.

?

Plus who is the seller ?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Plus who is the seller ?
    Paul

Looking at purchasing from a private collector who I have dealt with before and am very satisfied with.

Steve

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, better close up images of the decal would be good but I think this one is ok, I cannot see a "halo" around the decal area that would indicate a later applied decal on a relic and the general pitting and wear looks good to the decal also. What maker is the helmet? I think the decal may be a POCHER?? Leon.
    Leon

I have pictures of the inside but cant see any markings that I can read. I have sent my contact a message to check and will let you know when I find out.

Thanks
    Steve

All those bubbles will eventually "pop" & look like the craters. That includes the decal ones.
    Just bear that in mind with the purchase.
    "Rust never sleeps"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Please post decal closeups, maker and lot number. The helmet is an M35, would expect there to be green paint not grey unless reissued, but see no sign of a party decal. Large globs of grey paint on the front of the dome are strange as well. Single decal Pocher, grey paint, no party decal, instant red flags but way better photos of paint and decal are required with other requested information. If this is all you get walk away.

Looks like the lighting is pretty awkward on this one. Depending on how the light hits it it looks both grey and green... and I don't think those are globs of paint --- looks more like larger areas of raised paint due to rust bubbling, as is visible all over the rest of the shell. Overall I can only say that I like the cohesive relic look -- no expert on decals (besides general look) or the very specific SS configurations though so... I can only say that as a relic it looks OK. My 2 cents are officially thrown in.

Cue better photos/decal close ups, I guess.

After a close re-look over I'm going to call it as a repainted, redecaled and reburied relic.

The reason is that the clean painted areas around the cracks and damage is just not believable to me.
    There should be bare metal there in places but there is none!

And thats a red card from me.... in my opinion.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here are 2 more photos I have. I will post maker and lot number when I get that info. The guy is like a turtle when responding so nobody hold their breath.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS relic helmet opinions wanted   SS relic helmet opinions wanted  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast