Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ss sd m40 q64

Article about: Hello guys. So, yesterday the tabset, today this one came in the mail. Santa was allready very generous this year. It's very hard to see the markings Q64 and N332 but it's there for sure. Lo

Uh oh. This could get interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sd m40 q64
    P
    Many

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Kriss, im sorry but im not comfortable with it. Its a high end Q fake.
    Hi Samir, Why do you think so? Is it the sharpness of the points on the runes? It looks good to me, but I could be wrong (just ask my kids, my wife or my secretary!). Jim G.

?

Hi Jim,

It has a few flaws aside from the sharp points, but I will stick to the points for now. Only fat Qs have sharpe points. While studying original examples of fat Qs I noticed a pattern: each had at least 5-6 soft points, this one has virtually none. The right rune is sitting sightly closer to the border than all 5 original fat Qs I have studied. The fat Q examples I studied were original examples from kelly hicks and one or two were from Doug's collection. Im no stranger to this decal. Im always on the look out for this one. I have seen two others as well. One happens to be in "SS Steel" under the fake section.

?

By the way, when this helmet was up on the estand on WAF, the seller had blurry pics of the decal. But even with the blurry pics I had s gut feeling it was a bad one. I asked Kriss a week earlier to send me clear shots of the decal, something the original seller refused to do.

Hi Krisse , I am sorry to have to say that a totally agree with SSamir on this one. The "points" to the runes are much to sharp, the Quist decal has rounded edges. Also it looks as though this decal is applied over the top of a previous one as you can see a border at a slightly different angle to the right of the SS one. Also the lot number for a Quist64 DN332 suggests possible single decal HEER and not SS , but as we all know that is only a guide and not a certainty! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss sd m40 q64  

?

I know SS helmets are my passion but im no expert, I just happened to study this particular type of fake. I feel horrible for laying the bad news, but its my duty as a good samaritan. If it makes you feel better, wait for Doug or Kelly hicks to chime in. Im afraid I stand firm on this one.

I really hate this expression, but "My Bad!" I would have been (and in fact was!) fooled by this one. Sorry Krisse, but Samir's analysis appears to have merit. My apologies, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I really hate this expression, but "My Bad!" I would have been (and in fact was!) fooled by this one. Sorry Krisse, but Samir's analysis appears to have merit. My apologies, Jim G.
    Jim, I got fooled, not once, but 3 times by this decal! And It continues to deceive people. This one was nicely aged which made it even harder to tell.

Kriss, contact the seller and get your money back!

Regards
    samir

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Jim, I got fooled, not once, but 3 times by this decal! And It continues to deceive people. This one was nicely aged which made it even harder to tell.

Kriss, contact the seller and get your money back!

Regards
    samir
    Jeezes thx Samir. That this happens me again... bugger! Fine, I'm working on it.

It my helmet and sold it for Kriss some time ago
    I have it in my collection 2 years and don`t will sel it, but I buy another ss m40 sd helmet in large size.
    Helmet be disscused in GHW forum and nice absolut all guys,
    I think Samir just mistake about it textbook ss helmet Q helmet
    GHW link:
    http://www.walhalla.se/topic/31287-m40-ss-sd-q64/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast