Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss sd m42

Article about: Hello, I'm sure this will be a quick diagnosis. I wondered whether this helmet had a chance, as I've been staring at the decal in comparison with the first pattern Pocher for ages now and I

?

Default Ss sd m42

Hello, I'm sure this will be a quick diagnosis. I wondered whether this helmet had a chance, as I've been staring at the decal in comparison with the first pattern Pocher for ages now and I can't come up with a definite 'real or fake'. The interior seems suspiciously poor in comparison to the exterior, but apparently it's been 'kept in a shed for years'? Hopefully someone else can put my mind at ease!

Thanks,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sd m42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss sd m42

Looks ok to me , IMO ! In fact, the outside is immaculate! The decal looks 100%...pointed shield, left rune break. t probably spent it's life in a dusty attic , upside down!

?

Can you get the size and lot#'s? it would help prove its case. I believe the decal is a Posher..if im correct

?

Sure thing, I'll see if the seller has any information. I'm excited to hear it looks good!

Robbie

?

Quote by Styx View Post
    Sure thing, I'll see if the seller has any information. I'm excited to hear it looks good!

Robbie
    Robbie , I'm happy you're excited but please dont just take my comment as gold. I am just starting to learn about these and dont have the many years of experience my colleagues here on the forum have. I do hope it is real, for your sake! Also, if real..this..with some TLC could easily be published in one of Kelly Hicks books!
    Last edited by Dean; 05-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Definitely not a Pocher, I don't like this one personally I must admit. Pocher decals on an M42 would be rare unless a reissue of some sort.

?

Right - I've taken that on board, KradSpam! Okay, so opinion's fairly divided as of yet. The seller says he can't make out the lot number very well but he reckons it's a "64 shell with a 57 liner". Any more opinions on the matter, anyone?

Robbie

Not a correct SS decal. Shell seems to be an EF. Who's selling it and for how much.

?

I figured it might be too good to be true...sorry , mate. It better not be Haas selling it!

?

Haha! Don't worry Dean, I knew it was unlikely! The helmet itself was £1250 (very, very cheap) and was being sold attt ww2 Militaria Waffen SS German HelmetsAnd Uniforms bought and sold . One day I'll find an affordable SS helmet

Robbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast