Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS single decal M42 for review

Article about: I totally understand how u feel, but he was in Oregon, and i'm in NY. Wasn't worth the \\$300. I now look at it as a learning experience, and when you think about it, I know guys that have bee

Default SS single decal M42 for review

Hello all,
    This is the third helmet offered by the same seller as the two I posted for review yesterday, again it has the same repro chinstrap and I think the decal is a fake Pocher?? The paint on the helmet doesn't match the wear to the liner IMO. To be fair to the seller he has never claimed any of the helmets are original as he bought them as part of a collection, but doesn't normally bother with head gear.
    As always everyones comments are greatly appreciated,
    Cheers, Chris.

SS single decal M42 for reviewSS single decal M42 for reviewSS single decal M42 for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS single decal M42 for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS single decal M42 for review

Not a chance.

Correct. Decal is a fake Pocher.

At least I am starting to learn! Thanks for your reply, Chris.

?

Quote by radidas View Post
    Chris, thats very good, but don't get comfortable. SS decals are the most replicated of them all, and they are some out there that can still trick my eyes, and that is why I still turn to Doug for help. Stick to the forums for opinions, good luck.

Samir

The emphasis was definitely on the "starting" to learn. I will never buy another item now without an opinion from the users of this forum, thanks again, Chris.

Ditto

?

Chris Ive been in the same boat as you I bught a 1400 dollar SS transitional helmet that i got burned on, weve all been there at some point and time.

Curt

It is my worst nightmare, I have been burned before but never for anything more than £150 GBP (and that was bad enough for me!)
    I have spent a great deal of time viewing this forum for over a year now and have learnt a lot in that time, with much, much more to learn.

Thanks to all, and keep up the good work, Chris.

PS I just paid up for a years subs (about time i showed my support really)

?

I got burnt twice! My first raw deal was a fake Q decal on a 42 shell, but the second was hilarious! I found a nice ET66 heer on craigslist for a bargain price. The seller said his dad captured it during the war, and I was so excited! I was like wow! When I finally got the package, I went crazy tearing the box up, I just couldn't wait, and guess what? In the box was a pair of old shoes! I was devastated. Now I just look back n laugh. Life goes on (except for those shoes). LOL!

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I got burnt twice! My first raw deal was a fake Q decal on a 42 shell, but the second was hilarious! I found a nice ET66 heer on craigslist for a bargain price. The seller said his dad captured it during the war, and I was so excited! I was like wow! When I finally got the package, I went crazy tearing the box up, I just couldn't wait, and guess what? In the box was a pair of old shoes! I was devastated. Now I just look back n laugh. Life goes on (except for those shoes). LOL!
    I would have been paying someone a visit. That's personal! I'd knock their teeth so far down their throat they would have to sit on their meals to eat them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast