Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS single decal for opinions please

Article about: Thanks guys. I would have looked into it more had I had the time, but this week has been crazy at work and I just managed to get this posted during breakfast. I will be investing in one of t

?

Default SS single decal for opinions please

I have been offered this SS single decal and would like to know if it is genuine or a post war mock up. Marked 64 but nothing else visible to the seller.SS single decal for opinions pleaseSS single decal for opinions pleaseSS single decal for opinions pleaseSS single decal for opinions pleaseSS single decal for opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS single decal for opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS single decal for opinions please

!!!!!Fake!!!!!
    Post war helmet with fake decal.
    SteveR

Quote by SteveR View Post
    !!!!!Fake!!!!!
    Post war helmet with fake decal.
    SteveR
    I agree with Steve.

Eric

?

I did suspect that the price was a give away!

LOL that helmet alone is a give-away never mind the price. Better invest in a good book.

?

Oh dear Al, im afraid that one is SOOOO fake it hurts, but seriously, Frank gives good advice and it will pay you to invest in a good reference book, a little knowledge could save you cash and heartache, remember its all a learning curve, good luck

Whoa there! Spend some time learning before you spend some money! SS lids are the deep end financially and there are a lot of fakes out there, most are more convincing than this junk. Even 5 mins studying German helmets would have been enough for you to make a judgement on the authenticity of this one!!

I think this was posted recently. Terrible fake, go buy a nice book instead. : )

I bought Niewiarowicz's book recently but even without that this helmet is so obviously bogus...the liner, the decal....bleh!!

?

You are smart to run the helmets you are looking at by the folks here on the forum. The bitter feeling of disappointment is a hard pill to swallow when you have been defrauded. The other guys advice of buying several books on the subject of German helmets is as good advice as you will ever get. Ludwig Baer's book on German helmets is a good investment also. The books can seem expensive at first but believe me you will save their purchase price a hundred times over.
    SteveR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast