Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

Article about: hi guys lets try hard not to get personal about this its a debate about a helmet after all that be that helmet good or bad cheers ian

Frankoo
    ?

Default SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

Hi guys!

This helmet was found in Bosnia and offered to me by a foreign Bosnian worker, what do you think about it, to me looks pretty good!?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar? 

2. # ADS

Frankoo
    ?

Default re: SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

I must add that in hands looks realy good, especialy the decal is outstanding and it looks and feels as its should after 60 years! It was very dry and I put some oil on thats why it is so shiny! The same guy brought me an original SS M1/52 skull from his last trip back home to Bosnia and now this helmet.

?

Default Re: SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

Can you post closer photos of the decal ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Your pictures are too small. A good decal close-up and knowing the maker and lotnr stamps would be useful.

Also a picture of the liner.

?

Manufacturer of this helmet from form is for sure ET(ckl),paint looks good from period too! For decals to be 100% , we needs clear close pics!
    T

Frankoo
    ?

This is the best I can do with my camera but I will ask my frend to make me a few good photos because I woud really like you all to see this beuaty the best way possible so that there won't be any doubt about originality! I have handled a few original SS helmets in my collecting time and I know how a real one must look and believe this one is real looker!

Only thing that I don't know and I have never seen is a almost black leather on the liner, I don't know what cause that, but its original to the helmet and the pins two .
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?  SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar? 

ian
    ?

im not very knowlageable on german lids but to me the vent and decal look very high on this lid or is it just me
    cheers ian
    ps im not questioning the helmet by the way just looks a bit odd to me

Frankoo
    ?

Thats yust the angle the photo was taken, nothing wrong with the vent and decal position!

Quote by Frankoo View Post
    I have handled a few original SS helmets in my collecting time and I know how a real one must look and believe this one is real looker!
    I'm glad you like it but I can't see anything from these pictures that makes me want to agree with you.
    I cannot understand why you would post an SS for review and withold any decent pictures and close-ups.

Getting a maker and lotnr seems to be too much to ask as well.

?

Frankoo i've got to agree with schwerpunkt , closer and better photos of the decal are needed but the reason i want them is at the moment i don't particulary like what i see.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast