Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"SS2" decal. Opinions please

Article about: That is just disgraceful,i fail to see how this guys reputation will last acting like that.I certainly would not touch any of his gear in the future if i had been dealing with him!

Default "SS2" decal. Opinions please

Can anyone give me an opinion on this Helmet that I recently required ??
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "SS2" decal. Opinions please   "SS2" decal. Opinions please  

"SS2" decal. Opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "SS2" decal. Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

Has anyone posted any comments ?? ... or am I missing the point here ?

Default Re: "SS2" decal. Opinions please

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post here for you.

Sorry to say this is not an original decal. In fact, it is a modern fantasy design. These have been around at least 15 years to my knowledge. The fakers got the idea from the numbered collar tab worn by SS Standarte "Germania".

You need to return this helmet for a refund if at all possible.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post here for you.

Sorry to say this is not an original decal. In fact, it is a modern fantasy design. These have been around at least 15 years to my knowledge. The fakers got the idea from the numbered collar tab worn by SS Standarte "Germania".

You need to return this helmet for a refund if at all possible.

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed 1000%! I saw this one on the other forum. The truth will not change, and this will not be transformed into a genuine piece, by trolling the waters until someone without a clue gives it the thumbs up. If you need authoritative reference materials to convince that dealer that it is a god-awful fake, get copies of the recent Hicks book, SS Steel (2nd edition) and the Niewiarowicz book, Germany's Combat Helmets 1933-1945 A Modern Study, in which all of the real SS decals are depicted. Your example is NOT in either. I get the sense that you do not want to, or simply cannot, accept the fact that this is a fantasy piece. The foremost SS helmet collectors in the world told you in the other forum, and now Ade, whom I regard as one of the most knowledgeable collectors overall, has said so here. His is the 3rd, no, probably the 20th, "unbiased expert" to give you the bad news. The longer you wait to request your refund, the less likely you are to receive it. Run, don't walk, RUN to the post office to return this piece of t----. Finally, I think you should identify the source of this item, as you were asked to do in the other forum, so other new collectors can take a wide berth. Jim G.

this is a screamer, one of the easyest to spot fakes in the ss area, bring it as fast as you can back before it is to late, trust ade and helmet2id they know everything about what they tell you

?

Come on guys, dobt sit on the fence about this one ; - )

Serious now: There may be a lot of fakes around, but we are lucky to have some blokes here, who are in-the-know and who have years of experience in this field. Good to see, that they are able to debunk some of the falsehoods about the fakes. I hope and assume, that many have been "saved" from investing in fakes or have gotten their funds returned thanks to the pros here.

I know, I would take the advice and run PDQ to the post office.

I am actually pretty certain I held this very helmet in my hands about 12 years ago. It was being sold by a private seller at the time and then went to a dealer in Scotland. As I said, this is going back a long time.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am actually pretty certain I held this very helmet in my hands about 12 years ago. It was being sold by a private seller at the time and then went to a dealer in Scotland. As I said, this is going back a long time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Correct Ade i saw this one or one of it's brethren as 2 or 3 of them were in circulation 10 to 12 years ago and your right the dealer in Scotland definately had one of them !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Chaps... The Helmet is going back PDQ I have never disputed any of your comments, and appreciate all that's said... The Dealer has offered me a full refund, I shall let you all know the outcome.

Helmet2id ... Lighten up ... There more comments that I receive back stating that it's fake the better for my Consumer Right to return.The un-biased comments are not directed at you lot in the Forum, and yes the Helmet is also listed on the German Helmet Walalla.. I don't need comments like you have been banding about, obviously you've never made a collecting mistake before !! Or you are to embarresed to admit it.
    Also I do accept the fact that it's not a right one.... So again keep those comments to yourself.

I am glad you can obtain a refund.

We have all made mistakes in collecting and it is par for the course.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast