Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts please

Article about: To me this looks correct and honest, shame they are in a bad way, but have to start somewhere. Your thoughts please thankyou and regards AL

?

Default Thoughts please

Thoughts pleaseThoughts pleaseThoughts pleaseThoughts pleaseThoughts please

To me this looks correct and honest, shame they are in a bad way, but have to start somewhere. Your thoughts please
    thankyou and regards
    AL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Thoughts please

A tough one. The double decal SS M42s are extremely rare and maybe even non-existent. Best to wait for DougB. He can help you with this one. Good luck & thanks for sharing.

Regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 12-12-2012 at 05:29 PM.

This one really is hard to judge but to my eye the party shield seems to have a much heavier wear to it than the surrounding paint,looks rubbed down where as the paint is just pitted.As for the runes the left side of the shield looks to have a sharp break where as the right looks rounded,it also looks like the runes finish below the break of the shield although it is hard to see for sure.All in all i would probably give this one a miss but an in hand inspection may prove more usefull. GOOD HUNTING!

?

Shield shapes are incorrect and out of proportion, paint also looks redone. This one should be steered clear of pretty much like every other M42 DD SS I've ever seen posted.

I am far from an expert on the many new fake SS decals. What I have noticed in the majority of made up SS helmets is the unnatural wear to the decals. The fakers remove the majority of the decal or sand them down to try and convince the unknowing that the helmet is the real deal. I never saw a real helmet of any kind with this form of natural wear on the shell. To me as a student of these things, wear as found on this helmet is a real red flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

That's quite correct Bob and great observation. Fakers hide the obvious decal flaws by concealing and removing them. Any SS that needs longer than 5 seconds to determine is almost always bad.

?

Thanks for the opinions, i shall keep searching
    Regards