Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers

Article about: I been wanting to display and take photos of some of the Original Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers that were found Germany with their various panels and camouflage prints. These are

CBH
    ?

It's value lay in the Truth expressed in P.T. Barnum quote " There's a sucker born every Minute "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers
    P
    Many

Hello Chris,
    What makes you believe or proof that the Waffen SS Helmet Covers are fakes?

CBH
    ?

When they post 22 photos and not one close up of the clips , it isn't a good sign in by books .

These are highly collectable and thus highly faked , and when one zeltbahn can be cut into 3 or 4 helmet covers .

Just my opinion , I wouldn't be chasing after these myself .

Okay I understand not having the details shown, but if someone was using an original Waffen SS zeltbahn most of the fakes are of one SS camouflage pattern and print run. I see multiple camouflage patterns & print runs being used in the photos.

Do you collect Waffen SS camouflage?

CBH
    ?

Why haven't you posted the close up photos of the tell tale helmet clips , it's been since August ?

Sorry I have not posted any close up of the Waffen SS Helmet Covers! Life gets in the way! Here are few photos of the anodized aluminum Rocker Hooks.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers  

CBH
    ?

I thought SS camo was sewn with a double needle machine to expedite production , when parallel stitching was required . I'm not sure if this was the case with helmet covers . I'm sure someone here will have the answer .

Thank you for posting the additional images , these should help members here with originality . I will not pass judgement myself . Hope they are real , it would be a dream of a find .

No comment on the originality of the SS covers or otherwise however I for one am always more than dubious of such 'hoard find' stories. It occurs to me that a faker, upon creation of a good quality fake item, has two choices in terms of cashing in:

(a) Drip feed the market with single sales over a long period of time, hoping that no-one smells a rat and links the identical, rare items to the one seller.
    (b) The seller takes a few photos of some anonymous factory warehouse (no details of location in order to 'protect the owner') and announces a hoard find. Voila! Instant procedure to market with a number of pieces and cha-ching!

Some days take longer to expose truth or fraud.

Let it play out....... Knowledge always succeeds
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is funny that I sell reproduction and original German WWII items! The gentleman in Germany found me on German eBay from an auction I was offering a Waffen SS Type I Helmet Cover made from Original Waffen SS Oakleaf material that is newly made! I own Original Waffen SS Camouflage, but never had or have an Original Waffen SS Helmet Cover, so when the gentleman sent the first SS Helmet Cover to me I thought it was a Very HIGH Quality Reproduction! He corrected me when I asked him to make larger size SS Helmet Covers, since the first one he sent to me only fit on a size 60/62 helmet shell and he told me "NO! These were made during the war!"

Why the drip on the market? I have offered some of the SS Helmet Covers to dealers, but I have been rejected by either they thought the SS Helmet Covers were repro's or at times I feel that they were also jealous! I have sold and traded to some dealers, but most of the SS Helmet Covers I have sold/traded to individual collectors that want a 100% Original Waffen SS Helmet Cover. Also I think the economy has to do with me just selling/trading them since they are a high dollar item.

I posted photos of the place that they were found because I wanted people to know where they came from, but did not want to expose the name of the place because I know people in Europe will go there and ask if there is anymore. There is no more since I purchase all of them. I did ask them if they made them during the war and they personally called me from Germany an told me no, but were stored in US WWII Grenade boxes. They did not know how they got there since the end of the war?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    No comment on the originality of the SS covers or otherwise however I for one am always more than dubious of such 'hoard find' stories. It occurs to me that a faker, upon creation of a good quality fake item, has two choices in terms of cashing in:

(a) Drip feed the market with single sales over a long period of time, hoping that no-one smells a rat and links the identical, rare items to the one seller.

(b) The seller takes a few photos of some anonymous factory warehouse (no details of location in order to 'protect the owner') and announces a hoard find. Voila! Instant procedure to market with a number of pieces and cha-ching!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast