Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

Article about: So, my 50th birthday present to myself has arrived. Another of my bucket list items has now been crossed off. Just a couple dozen more items to go. Took a while to pay it down. But the selle

MAP
    ?

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    Actually, when I saw that many unissued SS helmet covers together, I assumed they were reproductions. I just couldn't understand why repros were locked away in a glass case! Then I found out they were real. It wasn't until I got back on this forum that I found out the whole story behind them. I feel lucky to have stood two feet away from that many original SS helmet covers!
    Awesome! It is pretty amazing if you think about it. Sitting for 75 years and then being found!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

?

Happy B-Day Map.... Ya Old Fart !! I wouldn't mind seeing the link to the find !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Here you go G. I thought there was another one with more detail on the find. Lot of typical useless posts on this thread but there are good details buried around pages 4, 5 or 6 on the find.

Original Waffen SS Camouflage Helmet Covers Factory Un-Finished!! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Oh, and my birthday was last Oct. Took me that long to pay this off........so now I'm even older

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A very interesting link... Kind of throws you back in time wondering "What else is out there" I like hoard finds, and the stumbled upon "Relics"..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

We can keep our fingers crossed G. Like a nice horde of unissued Waffen SS visors or Knight Crosses (two of my other bucket list items...)

Hey Mike,

Glad to see that you like the Waffen SS Helmet Cover! When you get back let's exchange the SS Helmet Cover for a true size 64 Helmet Shell.

Regards,
    Drew

- - ------- - -

Hey Mike,

Glad to see that you like the Waffen SS Helmet Cover! When you get back let's exchange the SS Helmet Cover for a true size 64 Helmet Shell.

Regards,
    Drew

MAP
    ?

Welcome Drew to WRF. Hope you stay around. Lots of great people here and amazing items.

You know I love the one I got ☺ but will go thru the tons of photos you sent and see if I want to switch to a 64. It's like trying to chose a favorite child. Not easy. They are all so different and unique.

Great working with you from the beginning to the end!!

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Fabulous! Congrats

One of those beauties is top of my list !!

Nick
    Nick,

I can put you in touch with someone that has a few for sale.....

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nick,

I can put you in touch with someone that has a few for sale.....
    My bank balance needs to be healthier than it is first I'm afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    My bank balance needs to be healthier than it is first I'm afraid

Nick
    +1 boo hoo.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast