Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

Article about: So, my 50th birthday present to myself has arrived. Another of my bucket list items has now been crossed off. Just a couple dozen more items to go. Took a while to pay it down. But the selle

Hi Mike great to hang out with you today in Philly..just finished reading your thread and the WAF supporting link . I do have to say that i know nothing on these covers..but for fact..there is still " Wood left in the Woodwork" ....congrats on a great find and happy bday old timer

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Feeling old Larry. Strained a muscle walking to China town after you dropped me off. Limped the whole way. My only bright spot is that the wife is older than me...lol

Thanks for the great time.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Been 4 long years since I pull this one off the shelf for a proper reshoot with higher quality photos.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

And a few daylight photos with backgrounds to match the camo pattern

My first time seeing these Camo covers and they are awesome! You can tell why they used them definitely would be hard to spot.! Nice collection!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    My first time seeing these Camo covers and they are awesome! You can tell why they used them definitely would be hard to spot.! Nice collection!
    Thanks Canyon.

These literal "scraps of zelt" sewn together, cost as much as if not more than a high quality SS helmet. Silly of course but they are beautiful to look at.

Really incredible! Always loved the look of these in period pics. Unfortunately way out of my league.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    Really incredible! Always loved the look of these in period pics. Unfortunately way out of my league.
    Here is a "modern" period pic

A really great mint cover you have there. I remember when these first surfaced many collectors wouldn't believe they were not reproductions, such was the stunning condition. But put aside the incredible story and examine the features, fabric, construction and sowing and it's all faultless. Your new photos are excellent reference aids too.

MAP
    ?

Thanks.

When these came out I was not sure either. But spoke to a lot of people and read all the threads on the different forums about this horde. Also spoke at length with the seller.

Certainly these were cottage industry items with probably many different local sub-manufactures.

Was lucky to get one. I wonder where they all went too? Or if they were all sold?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast