Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Article about: Heres my first and only M35 SS. An ET66 with the lot#4347. It has the early re-paint finish with the classic ET pattern party decal. The ET SS decal has been "shot off" (nice shot

?

Default Re: Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Körmen or Körmer, I just learned how to do it. =)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Samir,

It's probably 'Körmer'. Would you mind posting a picture of it?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi Samir,

It's probably 'Körmer'. Would you mind posting a picture of it?
    I don't mind at all, but everytime I take a pic it comes out blurry. I just can't seem to get the focus on my digital right as it is penciled in and not the usual white style paint sigs. I will try again tonight and if I get it right I promise to post pics.

?

OK, to adjust the image I had to use my aftershave lotion. Its the best I can do for now until I figure out the proper lighting to use to read pencil markings.

Regards
    Samir
    P.S please no funny jokes on my aftershave lotion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sss 051.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	295534

?

Remember to double click on the photo to get a bigger and clearer pic of the name.

?

I agree, having a researched lid completes it and makes the collecting so much more rewarding. Wait till you see my latest 2 research projects...can you say "knock your socks off"!

?

Quote by Sonder287 View Post
    OK, to adjust the image I had to use my aftershave lotion. Its the best I can do for now until I figure out the proper lighting to use to read pencil markings.

Regards
    Samir
    P.S please no funny jokes on my aftershave lotion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sss 051.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	295534
    Hi Samir, nice to see a fellow Gillette man here LOL. Did you buy it in Canada? I see the label for use is bilingual as per our language laws up here. And follow directions, no putting it in the eyes LOL.

Regarding the name probably Kormer. I dont know how to type the o with the little two .. above it. One trick you can try is take it out into sunshine and turn the helmet so the writing is at a certain angle directly to the sunlight, that makes writing in pencil really pop, a bright indoor light also works. Another trick is to wet the signature again in bright light. Dont douse it, just make it wet to the touch. It darkens the area including the writing.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Samir, nice to see a fellow Gillette man here LOL. Did you buy it in Canada? I see the label for use is bilingual as per our language laws up here. And follow directions, no putting it in the eyes LOL.

Regarding the name probably Kormer. I dont know how to type the o with the little two .. above it. One trick you can try is take it out into sunshine and turn the helmet so the writing is at a certain angle directly to the sunlight, that makes writing in pencil really pop, a bright indoor light also works. Another trick is to wet the signature again in bright light. Dont douse it, just make it wet to the touch. It darkens the area including the writing.
    Uhhhhh, I actually use it on my arm pits. For some strange reason the ladies love it! I know its weird, but it works. =)

Doug, its mad easy! If your using windows just simply click on "start" than click "run" then type in "charmap" and pick the desired letter. =)

Typing umlaut 'o' is very simple, all you need to do is use alt code.

Hold 'alt' down and type in the code for whatever letter you want. For example, the code for 'ö' is Alt-0246.

Samir, I would say that the name is 'Körmer', but I would have to see it in hand to really be able to tell.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Typing umlaut 'o' is very simple, all you need to do is use alt code.

Hold 'alt' down and type in the code for whatever letter you want. For example, the code for 'ö' is Alt-0246.

Samir, I would say that the name is 'Körmer', but I would have to see it in hand to really be able to tell.
    I am leaning towards kormer myself, not sure if it was a common German name or even a German name at that. Will still be difficult to determine without a first name.

Regards
    Samir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast