Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Article about: Heres my first and only M35 SS. An ET66 with the lot#4347. It has the early re-paint finish with the classic ET pattern party decal. The ET SS decal has been "shot off" (nice shot

?

Default Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Heres my first and only M35 SS. An ET66 with the lot#4347.

It has the early re-paint finish with the classic ET pattern party decal. The ET SS decal has been "shot off" (nice shot I must admit ) and the air-vent bushings are no longer present.

Leather liner has the SS soldiers name "Karl Reichle" written in it and the original strap is still present.

Liner is the reinforced aluminum M31 liner band. Split pins are still present, but washers are missing.

Not the greatest M35 SS , but nice to have if you don't have $10k or more to spend.

As with all my SS lids this one is a "Kelly Hicks Certified" SS.

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS DD M35 ET66
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS DD M35 ET66

Nice lid I can just imagine the ringer of a headache that fellow must have had .

Regards Mark K

?

Too bad the research on the name proved to be a blank, that would have added a large interest factor to the helmet. I think the helmet was target practice at one point.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Too bad the research on the name proved to be a blank, that would have added a large interest factor to the helmet. I think the helmet was target practice at one point.
    Yeah, I was disappointed. That's also one of the reason's I bought the helmet. I wanted an SS helmet that has a name. I wanted to put a face on this helmet, but oh well. There were two SS soldiers with that name and none of the signatures matched. But, again, I thank you, Doug, for your kind help with my research.

I agree, Doug. I don't think this was a battle damaged helmet as the seller stated, but one that was used for target practice.

kind regards
    Samir

Must have been a distant target or low velocity rounds, because they
    have not penetrated the shell. Perhaps the concussion dislodged
    both of the vent do-dads.........

( Sorry, it's 2:00 am - long day - time for bed. )
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks like a 45 hits to me at distance. just my opinion.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Indeed - They are large caliber hits.

( Drink not finished........)
    Regards,

Steve.

Aha ! They're vent LUGS.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

When I got the research cd back from Dieter I was so excited and hopeful that we had the guy Samir and as disappointed as you it wasn't him! I love researching these, it's the best part of collecting, putting the real history to the helmet. I'm not sure what's more frustrating, not finding the right guy or finding a host of names but none of them match!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    When I got the research cd back from Dieter I was so excited and hopeful that we had the guy Samir and as disappointed as you it wasn't him! I love researching these, it's the best part of collecting, putting the real history to the helmet. I'm not sure what's more frustrating, not finding the right guy or finding a host of names but none of them match!
    I totally agree, Doug. I personally feel a named SS helmet is a complete helmet, the "whole package".

Remember that Q64 SS I bought recently? That one is named also. Its penciled under the skirt by the lot number, but hard to make out unless you have some good or special light. It appears to read "Kormen" or "Kormer", but with two dots on top of the letter "o" so I assume it's a German SS soldier.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast