Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS double decal M40

Article about: Hello, this helmet is being offered as part of a grouping from one estate. The grouping consists of other TR items and some U.S. I am trying to get pics of the liner, etc. waiting on those,

?

Default Waffen SS double decal M40

Hello, this helmet is being offered as part of a grouping from one estate. The grouping consists of other TR items and some U.S. I am trying to get pics of the liner, etc. waiting on those, but from first impressions, what is every ones opinions? I can post the other items as well if that would help, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS double decal M40   Waffen SS double decal M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS double decal M40
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS double decal M40

a d/d ss camo? very dubious, im affraid i certainly wouldnt touch this helmet, cant speak for the other gentlemen here, sorry, george w

?

What George says.
    SteveR

I think somone has ben very creative here...

I don't know much about helmets, but I would leave this one alone.

?

The decals on the helmet are well known modern reproductions, and the paint is without question post war applied. There are DD M40 SS helmets but they are rare in the extreme. I think there is 1 traditional DD SS M40 camo out there owned by an Italian collector. I own a double decal SS M40 camo but it is a reverse decal formerly decaled with a police decal with a Pocher decal applied over the police decal, with a mustard camo finish, completely researched to the owner who had is rank, posting and full name penciled into the rear of the helmet so they are out there. There just aren't very many of them, and when they come up they must be 100% correct. This one is 100% incorrect I am afraid.

?

Im afraid im in agreement with the others,plus i dont think you will get photos of the liner, to me it doesnt look as if there is one judging by the empty liner pin holes, also the price would be very high for just the shell if it was real

BEWARE OF ESTATE OFFERINGS....they are sometimes fronts for collector fakes and forgeries....