Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTS

Article about: I purchased this SS helmet last week at an estate sale here in Washington, DC. I would greatly appreciate any opinions or comments on this helmet from the SS Helmet Forum. The helmet is stam

Default Waffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTS

I purchased this SS helmet last week at an estate sale here in Washington, DC.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions or comments on this helmet from the SS Helmet Forum.

The helmet is stamped ET64 and 2 / 3840

I have provided some detailed photos (most of which were taken with a flash)

Thanks in advanWaffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTSWaffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTSWaffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTSWaffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTSWaffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTSce for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTS
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTS

This is a beautiful re-issue SS in the harder to find milky grey colour. I know of a small handful of others in this colour and this follows exactly how most SS were reissued, that is repainted, this one done with an internal template to cover the liner without the liner removal, and new Pocher party and runic decals applied over top the existing decals. Typically what happens over time is age causes the crazing you see below the party decal, and some of the chipping you see in the runic decal. Also the decals appear to have "shrunk" somewhat also common to see with period applied Pocher decals, probably application or ambient temperature causing this.

This is a first class reissue SS, my compliments on the pickup. The helmet was also posted by another member in another forum. Is the helmet being sold?

Default Re: Waffen-SS M35 Double-Decal ET64 Helmet -- I Would Appreciate Any OPINIONS / COMMENTS

Did they have any idea the value of this lid? even close?

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on aquiring a very desirable helmet for your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Once in a great while someone gets to add a great new item that is original! Welcome to the forum!
    If you feel like you gained anything from this forum maybe donate a dollar or two!

Doug,

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed knowledge concerning this type of helmet.

Yes, this helmet is currently for sale. I took a chance and recently listed it on Ebay ----it had a couple hours of good exposure before Ebay delisted it.

Thanks again for your time.

Kind Regards,

The DC area??? So close yet so far! Ugh. Where is it for sale?

?

Fantastic specimen. Congrads on your find.

?

Zermatt, its a beauty and worthy of any collection. Good luck with your sale. Samir, there is your que, GO GET IT MY FRIEND!!!

?

I'm already on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast