Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what do you think...m35 double decal ss

Article about: I'm trying to buy an ss helmet but they are really too expensive and I fear the fakes... I found this helmet offered at a reasonable price and seems original to me but I need some experts op

Default what do you think...m35 double decal ss

I'm trying to buy an ss helmet but they are really too expensive and I fear the fakes...
    I found this helmet offered at a reasonable price and seems original to me but I need some experts opinions
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do you think...m35 double decal ss   what do you think...m35 double decal ss  

what do you think...m35 double decal ss   what do you think...m35 double decal ss  

what do you think...m35 double decal ss   what do you think...m35 double decal ss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think...m35 double decal ss
    P
    Many

Default re: what do you think...m35 double decal ss

Hello drago,i like what i see on the inside i think the liner and strap are ok , the shell looks like its been rubbed down around the decals , this for me makes me suspect of the decals even thought they look all right , but im far from an expert on the decal side of things , and the photos arent the best .Hopefully others here with a bit more experence will give there view , cheers Raymond

Thank you Ray
    it seems strange to me too but the sell said that it can be traces of straps or camouflage veil and add this pictures
    it's works as explanation..
    what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do you think...m35 double decal ss   what do you think...m35 double decal ss  

what do you think...m35 double decal ss  

Hello mate , i could see the ereas in question and i also thought it had a band of some sort around the shell at some stage , it also looks to me like the place where the band has been is rasied , by that i mean it looks like it may have had clue or something applied there , but why a band would be clued to the helmet doesnt add up as they would not be able to fit any camo material under the band , unless it was a veil like the one in the picture .
    I still think it has been rubbed down over the decals , but this could have been done to expose the decals that were covered by paint and the other substance that looks to be there . If this were so the decals could be good .like i said i think they stand a chance but im just not experenced enought on the decals to say yes or no , reel close up clear pics are need and some of our other members are needed to help you out there . cheers Raymond

?

The helmet is original, but not a decals, which is obvious fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Why do you think so, Dimas ?
    what are the clues?
    Thanks, maybe this time I can learn something...

?

The wrong well known re-enactor decals ( you can allways find a obvious known party decal in this type by miscentered swastika in white round, which is more higher in position as must be)
    Also the fresh paint over the old surface rust
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Have to agree with Dimas, as the decals look like they have been scratched, gouged and rubbed with things other than the veil to obscure them, also the liner pins are not consistent with this wear.........
    And, notice the remaining part of the tag on the veil is conveniently only SS runes.

Is that veil made of British webbing and helmet strap?

Anyone else out there , what about the ss decal is it bad if so whats wrong with it . cheers Raymond

More pictures...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast