Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What the...! SS Helmet.

Article about: I have my ss helmet for sale in the sales section. It is a 100% original helmet , confirmed to be so by dough and other forum members on this and other fora. ww.warrelics.eu/classifieds/show

?

jelle, I too fell victim once here. I posted a camo Luftwaffe for sale here on WRF that I personally obtained straight from the vets family. I had a forum altercation with the member earlier. He quickly went to my "for sale" ad and shot down my helmet saying it was "fake". I immediately contacted Ade and he took care of it. The negative comment was removed and the helmet eventually was sold. And the interesting part is the member who I had "beef" with happened to be a digger. So your not the only one. We all can have that experience. I still sell my TR stuff here on WRF. It's still a great place to sell and discuss TR items.

Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What the...! SS Helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by jelle View Post
    I put the helmet up for sale on GHW and on WRF at the same time. The pictures on the original GHW thread i opened when i bought the helmet are included in the saleposting here on WRF. I did not open a thread on WRF on the helmet before I put it up for sale because I thought there would be no need for it. But there is one now.
    As already mentioned, many here are not members on GHW2 and cannot see the thread there. I can as I have been a member there for a number of years but others cannot and it is best to have one here as well. It makes it easier for you to sell your cheap helmet.

Please add the pics to this thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Opinions are only worth the knowledge of the person offering it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Doug i am aware that dug helmets are a totally different matter. I have close to no experience in the decal field but i am pretty good at spotting fake dug helmets even i have no knowledge on decals as such. I have handled quite a few dug helmets. I was merely trying to answer your question on who Mr. Gott is I was not trying to give him any credibility in authenticating SS decals just because he have dug some.

Cheers!
    Hi Datrus

Yes I know, I was just pointing out the huge difference between relics and non relics for clarity sake. Thanks!

Cheers

Doug

?

Thumbs up

Anon asked me to add the pictures of my helmet to this thread for future readers, hate that myself when they are gone so here they are.

Single decal ET66 SS m40 lotnumber 1086

.What the...! SS Helmet.What the...! SS Helmet.What the...! SS Helmet.What the...! SS Helmet.What the...! SS Helmet.What the...! SS Helmet.

Thanks for adding the pics Johan, much appreciated. Good luck with your sale. Perhaps you can become a bit more active on this forum always good to get more members posting here.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Johan, I am sorry to read about the trouble you have had because of one stupid action from someone who has plainly not taken the time and trouble to study ET SS decals before shooting their mouth off! All I will add is that owning an ET decaled helmet myself (all be it an M42) I see absolutely no issues with this one at all. Ok , the helmet may be a bit to shiney for my taste but at least the wax will protect it's surface, good luck with your sale. Leon.

?

Isn't there a way to remove the wax from the helmet? Looks a bit to shiny for my taste aswell. Out of that I like the helmet very much.

Strange,... This topic is now 4 pages long and still didn't Karl Gott replied here with some explanation... Coincidence?

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Isn't there a way to remove the wax from the helmet? Looks a bit to shiny for my taste aswell. Out of that I like the helmet very much.

Strange,... This topic is now 4 pages long and still didn't Karl Gott replied here with some explanation... Coincidence?
    In hand the helmet is really not that shiny , the top 3 pictures were taken with a flash and in front of a window. The lower 3 are pictures taken by the former owner maybe just after he treated it. The wax should wear of in time i geuss. If your interested in the helmet, i could try to make better pictures or come and see it in hand, Antwerp is not that far from Rotterdam.

Mr.Gott has indeed remained silent, it is not easy admitting a mistake i geuss. I see he has dug up some helmets again and has them for sale on wh awards, and is still using his book.

Perhaps discretion is the better part of valour after all?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4