Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What the...! SS Helmet.

Article about: I have my ss helmet for sale in the sales section. It is a 100% original helmet , confirmed to be so by dough and other forum members on this and other fora. ww.warrelics.eu/classifieds/show

?

Default What the...! SS Helmet.

I have my ss helmet for sale in the sales section. It is a 100% original helmet , confirmed to be so by Doug and other forum members on this and other fora.

Very nice original SS M40 sd helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

If you scroll down this page you will see a comment left by Karl Gott .

Instead of sending me a pm or opening a thread he decided to add his opinion on my helmet to my sale thread.

I think this is not done, and is damaging to me and my helmet.

I would like it removed and a appologie placed by mr. Gott.

If he has a problem with the helmet it can be discussed here !

Very angry right now !!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What the...! SS Helmet.
    P
    Many

I have edited the link so it works OK.

The correct form is to place an item up for discussion.

Would members kindly air their thoughts on this helmet please.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade !

I have removed the comment on the advert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I suppose my question is - "why have a comment box on the ad anyway?"

If we see an ad and want to comment on the authenticity of the item or any other pertaining discussions, the normal thing is to start a thread referencing the ad in question. ( this is what Ade has suggested in post #2 )

So IMO we should get the comment box removed from the ads themselves and just contact /PM the seller if we wish.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks Ade, but it has been there for a while only noticed it today, very damaging to my helmet.
    It should not be possible to do s, without at least getting a notice someone has left a comment and a way to leave a comment myself.

?

As Ade removed the comment from Mr Gott, i will add it here.

In his opinion the helmet lotnumber 1086 would make this a police helmet therefore the decal must be fake.

Contacting the seller doesnt work most times Dan...always good to contact a Moderator ..but i have used the comment box on a couple of occasions on clear 4th Reich stuff pretending to be real..Sometime very hard for new collectors to know the difference between real and fake,still hard for me after 40years The perception with new collectors is that if its posted here for sale then its legit..but its very hard to monitor such a big site (Mods have always been very approachable about questions regarding sales) ...PS This is in no way related to the SS Helmet above as i have no idea about it..much smarter heads than mine can comment on it

Quote by jelle View Post
    As Ade removed the comment from Mr Gott, i will add it here.

In his opinion the helmet lotnumber 1086 would make this a police helmet therefore the decal must be fake.
    Doug B and others have exhaustively repeated over the years that you CANNOT ( repeat cannot ) absolutely tie down a branch of service to a lot number - only "around" a lot no. series . Lot 1086 ( whatever the volume was ) could have well produced helmets that ended up decaled for several branches.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

So this Mr Gott really had no idea what he was talking about. This is the great danger with the uninformed and the internet, everyone can declare their opinions as fact.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast