Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is it worth? or not?

Article about: What ever is the asking price, it would be too much, unless it were free, I'm afraid. The holes look like rust holes. Brad.

?

Default Re: Is it worth? or not?

There's one or two of these out there that i'm aware of and they are black. I believe one carries the "fat rune" type decal, but best to ask Doug. He knows more about these black SS lids than I do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it worth? or not?
    P
    Many

perhaps i confuse this style with the fibre parade type of which i know very little as you can tell

Gday hellschickie,
    The helmet looks as if it could have been a TR era Feuer Polizei (Fire Police) helmet (look at the liner and the leather tabs).German Polizei organisations were under the control of Himmler and the SS.It may have had a Polizei decal and a National insignia decal on it at one stage of it's life,under that hideous paint job.
    But it may have been issued to another fire fighting organisation also.The answers are most likely under the paint.
    I has little value though in that condition bar the OK liner.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

Quote by col james View Post
    funny but i always thought this style of helmet was fibre not steel ,i wonder what caused the damage
    If I'm not mistaken its aluminum.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    If I'm not mistaken its aluminum.
    I thought they were edelstahl? Is this particular M34 variant aluminium? I don't know where my Hicks is, I think there is one like this in there.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I thought they were edelstahl? Is this particular M34 variant aluminium? I don't know where my Hicks is, I think there is one like this in there.
    Andy, I dont have my SS steel book with me either, but if I recall, the black SS civic in Hicks book was made from aluminum. Just going by what I can remember.

?

The M34 Blackie in the Hicks book with the Pocher decal I'm afraid is not real nor is it a fiber helmet. It's the same fake I used in the SS decal quiz. Remember I said it has fooled the best? It's a nasty bastard but we know it now thanks to its ADM fingerprint. Kelly agrees fully with my research as well.

PS jet lag is a bitch...I'm sitting here wide awake early Saturday morning in Brussels reading the forum lol

I'll take jet lag over shift work.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    The M34 Blackie in the Hicks book with the Pocher decal I'm afraid is not real nor is it a fiber helmet. It's the same fake I used in the SS decal quiz. Remember I said it has fooled the best? It's a nasty bastard but we know it now thanks to its ADM fingerprint. Kelly agrees fully with my research as well.

PS jet lag is a bitch...I'm sitting here wide awake early Saturday morning in Brussels reading the forum lol
    Doug, i'm referring to the M34 blackie with the "fat rune" type decal. Is that a bad one as well? I think theres a photo of it in my beaver/hicks book. I will go to my basement n try n get some shots for u.

?

Just got back up from my little SS office in my basement, and took a couple of shots of the helmet I was referring to.

According to Beaver/Hicks it's a "civic style M-34 helmet is of lightweight aluminum and bears a fat runic shield on the left side."

Is this the one you are referring to?

Is it worth? or not?

Is it worth? or not?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast