Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

Article about: Opinions on this helmet please? DD WSS M-35, Q-64 shell, lot no 2901. Nice untampered with condition.

?

Default WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

Opinions on this helmet please? DD WSS M-35, Q-64 shell, lot no 2901. Nice untampered with condition.
    WSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet
    P
    Many

First early 1936 Q M35 with SS decals I have seen. Lot# 2901 plus the early green Q paint puts you at 1936. I would expect a pair of police decals. What is the date of the domestamp & linerband ? Would expect also to see a "non-re-enforced" linerband. Not a fan of this helmet. But just my opinion based on observations of many 1936 Q M35 helmets
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    First early 1936 Q M35 with SS decals I have seen. Lot# 2901 plus the early green Q paint puts you at 1936. I would expect a pair of police decals. What is the date of the domestamp & linerband ? Would expect also to see a "non-re-enforced" linerband. Not a fan of this helmet. But just my opinion based on observations of many 1936 Q M35 helmets
    D.
    1938 dated liner band, 1939 chinstrap- domestamp visible but faint and date indiscernible. Possibly original police reissued /re decaled thus explaining use of Pocher decal also instead of Quist
    Last edited by drbill; 07-19-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: add info

The photos of the decals when blown up are fuzzy so those are not a big help.
    When looking at similar helmets which are pretty close in lot number with reinforced liner they have a mix of Pocher and Q runes so the combo is possible , the color looks like early Q as well.

I'd like to see crisp sharp detailed photos of the decals.

?

Default decal pics

More pics of decalsWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

Hi, looks like a very nice Q Pocher decaled M35 to me, i would guess this is not going cheap!! Leon.

As my first post..."Not a fan of this helmet". Decal pics can be improved ...but the runic decal looks "flat"..or "dead". No life to it as a Pocher should exhibit.
    Maybe it's just the pics, but that's all I have to go on until clearer images are provided.
    Anyway...I had posted this example months ago. The "break" on the bottom left is sharper than your example, this one has "life" to it. It is an original example.
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet 
    Last edited by real steel; 08-01-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote by drbill View Post
    More pics of decalsWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmet
    Viewing your runic decal. Does not the bottom of the left rune look like it's sagging ? Just ever so slight ? Pocher runes have even placement top & bottom. They are level. Your left rune looks lower on the bottom. So far...3 things I don't like or am just questioning.
    The soft break on left side of decal shield, "dead" or flat looking silver field, & the drooping left rune.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Viewing your runic decal. Does not the bottom of the left rune look like it's sagging ? Just ever so slight ? Pocher runes have even placement top & bottom. They are level. Your left rune looks lower on the bottom. So far...3 things I don't like or am just questioning.
    The soft break on left side of decal shield, "dead" or flat looking silver field, & the drooping left rune.
    David, i humbly defer! Looking closer at the helmet as a whole i am now questioning the paint itself. The interior looks much to clean, no sign of dust or grime under the liner band, the band also has "wobbles" to it that make me think it has been messed around with, that together with the decal "anomalies" that David has noticed would put me right off this one. Apologies, i should have given it closer attention first time round. Leon.

photo shopped for size & enhancement. Still not too clear...but all I had to work with
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet   WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet  

WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast